Author Topic: ‘Up our game’: The Pentagon’s 3 strategies to shore up munitions stockpiles  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Up our game’: The Pentagon’s 3 strategies to shore up munitions stockpiles

With the war in Ukraine raging, missile and other munition production seems like a sure bet. But the Pentagon knows industry is wary of getting burned should attitudes change and is trying to offer novel reassurances.
By   ASHLEY ROQUE
on March 22, 2023 at 1:29 PM

WASHINGTON — With demand for munitions in Ukraine only increasing and NATO members expressing fears about their own stockpile levels, Pentagon planners last week laid out a three-pronged approach to keeping US munition stocks at acceptable levels.

Now defense officials just have to get industry to trust them.

The three steps, revealed as part of the fiscal 2024 budget rollout and in subsequent statements by officials, are a mix of classic concepts and new ideas. On the classic side, it features a major push for multi-year munitions buys, which lock in guaranteed procurements instead of going year-by-year. On the new ideas side, the Pentagon is exploring a pilot project for larger-lot procurement, as well as a new “Joint Production Accelerator Cell” to understand and head off industry challenges.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/03/up-our-game-the-pentagons-3-strategies-to-shore-up-munitions-stockpiles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson