General Category > Elections 2024

DeSantis Says ‘War Criminal’ Putin Should Be ‘Held Accountable’ Days After Saying Ukraine Not a ‘Vit

<< < (2/6) > >>

LMAO:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 23, 2023, 02:06:32 pm ---From my POV. there as far as U.S. intervention not that much difference in Trump's and DeSantis' position.

That's making the RINO establishment heads explode.  And that's a good thing.

--- End quote ---

What is DeSantis’s  position? I understand as a governor of Florida, Ukraine has nothing to do with him. But if he is going to seek the nomination for president, he needs to come up with a very clear one.
We already have a president that projects weakness and indecisiveness on the world stage.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: LMAO on March 23, 2023, 02:09:13 pm ---What is DeSantis’s  position? I understand as a governor of Florida, Ukraine has nothing to do with him. But if he is going to seek the nomination for president, he needs to come up with a very clear one.
We already have a president that projects weakness and indecisiveness on the world stage.

--- End quote ---

DeSantis' postion on Ukraine was covered in some level of substance in responding to Tucker Carlson's request to all potential GOP candidates.  Check those threads for details.

And yes, as Governor of FL, and not privy to intelligence data, its kind of hard for him to get into specifics.  But at least at 40,000 foot level he doesn't want us to get onto a strong interventionist role.  And that is a view, he, Trump, and I all share. 

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Joe Btfsplk on March 23, 2023, 01:55:20 pm ---Well, that was quick.  And there went my one reason for supporting DeSantis

Chalk one up for the war party

--- End quote ---

Wow. that's a pretty hack attempt at a drive- by Mr. Five Posts, but I guess you walked in as our Personal Jesus to lay down Trumpian truth.

It's called walking and chewing gum, and DeSantis is right on both. He's actually able to get past populist generalities on issues.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 23, 2023, 02:06:32 pm ---From my POV. there as far as U.S. intervention not that much difference in Trump's and DeSantis' position.

--- End quote ---

Right. I'm not sure DeSantis shares Trump sentiment to immediately cut off all military aid from Ukraine, but he certainly doesn't want to increase it.

His clarification went less to policy than to making clear his position that Russia was completely in the wrong in its actions, and that its invasion was neither excusable nor legitimately provoked. I do think that is a difference from where Trump is, though.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 23, 2023, 02:57:52 pm ---Wow. that's a pretty hack attempt at a drive- by Mr. Five Posts, but I guess you walked in as our Personal Jesus to lay down Trumpian truth.

It's called walking and chewing gum, and DeSantis is right on both. He's actually able to get past populist generalities on issues.

--- End quote ---

New poster (and a welcome to him)  seems to not remember that DeSantis actually at least from what was provided to Tucker Carlson, a lot more aligned to Trump than McConnell and Linzy Graham on this matter.

Dissing  a sittng Governor of FL, who is not privy to all the intelligence facts at this point seems a little silly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version