General Category > Elections 2024

DeSantis Says ‘War Criminal’ Putin Should Be ‘Held Accountable’ Days After Saying Ukraine Not a ‘Vit

<< < (5/6) > >>

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 23, 2023, 11:05:53 pm ---I agree with both of you. We also shouldn't be giving them billions upon billions.  There's seems to be no limit as to how much we are handing them.

--- End quote ---

Not sure who you mean by "both of you", but I am very strongly in the "bleed Russia dry" category of supporting Ukraine militarily as long as they are willing to fight.

I've said elsewhere that I think it's the biggest bang for the buck we've ever gotten out of our defense dollars.

@libertybele

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on March 24, 2023, 03:17:37 pm ---Not sure who you mean by "both of you", but I am very strongly in the "bleed Russia dry" category of supporting Ukraine militarily as long as they are willing to fight.

I've said elsewhere that I think it's the biggest bang for the buck we've ever gotten out of our defense dollars.

@libertybele

--- End quote ---

And what if they end up bleeding us dry? Then what? This is the old Cold War thinking, and China is counting on that.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 24, 2023, 04:26:28 pm ---And what if they end up bleeding us dry? Then what? This is the old Cold War thinking, and China is counting on that.

--- End quote ---

What we are spending to support Ukraine, not to mention the cost in lives, is dwarfed by the comparative burden on Russia's economy.  The Russian conventional military is being absolutely gutted.

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 24, 2023, 04:26:28 pm ---And what if they end up bleeding us dry? Then what? This is the old Cold War thinking, and China is counting on that.

--- End quote ---

What is the new Cold war thinking? Is there really such a thing?

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on March 24, 2023, 04:33:51 pm ---What is the new Cold war thinking? Is there really such a thing?

--- End quote ---

That we are strong enough to grind out these kinds of expensive blood and treasure strategies on two fronts, and we aren't.

If we get distracted by the shiny disco ball, and China takes Taiwan and their chip making capacity without destroying it, the USA will be in a world of hurt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version