General Category > Elections 2024

DeSantis Says ‘War Criminal’ Putin Should Be ‘Held Accountable’ Days After Saying Ukraine Not a ‘Vit

<< < (4/6) > >>

Joe Btfsplk:
Thank you for the welcome

For me personally, the position the eventual GOP candidate takes re: Ukraine will weigh heavily on whether I support him/her or not. A Lindsey Graham level of support will be a deal breaker. To me, that is just insane.

When it comes to these no-win wars, we have no opposition party in DC.  And that's gotta change

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on March 23, 2023, 04:47:00 pm ---It's all a point of perspective, but from mine that seems pretty close to Trump.

--- End quote ---

The first answer *was* close to Trump's ---- damn near plagerized.   :laugh:

But the DeSantis Congressional record on Ukraine is strongly neocon.  The first answer was an attempt to Magatize DeSantis and distance him from his record ----  RDS's donors must have reminded him that they're not paying for America First.

@catfish1957

Fishrrman:
None of this will remain relevant by the fall of 2024.

By then, the Chinese will have brokered a peace deal between Russia and Ukraine, if the Ukranians haven't thrown in the towel first...

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on March 23, 2023, 01:57:22 pm ---It's not the 180 the headline suggests.  He clarified that he wasn't saying that Russia was right or justified to take Ukrainian territory, that the invasion was illegal, and that Putin is a scumbag.  But in terms of what the U.S. should or shouldn't do, his position is the same:

--- End quote ---

Right. I think it a travesty too...
But it is none of our business.

--- Quote ---Now personally, that disappoints me because I support sending weaponry (though not U.S. troops) to Ukraine, and DeSantis is no longer my first choice because of that.

--- End quote ---

SELL em arms? Sure.
Give em arms? Nope.

It is far more in Europe's interest to worry about Ukraine.
Not our problem.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 23, 2023, 10:58:42 pm ---Right. I think it a travesty too...
But it is none of our business.

SELL em arms? Sure.
Give em arms? Nope.

It is far more in Europe's interest to worry about Ukraine.
Not our problem.

--- End quote ---

I agree with both of you. We also shouldn't be giving them billions upon billions.  There's seems to be no limit as to how much we are handing them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version