Author Topic: The Canadian Policy Behind the Surge of Illegals – and Mexican Cartel Operatives – at the Northern B  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Canadian Policy Behind the Surge of Illegals – and Mexican Cartel Operatives – at the Northern Border
No evidence that the Biden administration has ever demanded change at multiple U.S.-Canada immigration meetings

By Todd Bensman on March 22, 2023
The Canadian border is back in the news, with headlines proclaiming that illegal immigration there has suddenly spiked more than 800 percent in one busy sector recent months. Amid a fresh outbreak of “what-to-do-doism”, the Biden administration redeployed 25 Border Patrol agents from the besieged southern border to the far northeast corner of America’s border with Canada, the Border Patrol's Swanton Sector (including New Hampshire, Vermont, and part of New York).

The agents are to intercept what appears to be a huge spike in crossings by mostly Mexican nationals flying over the United States into Canada and then crossing the border southward, along with other nationalities in smaller numbers.

But so far left out of public reporting and government responses is that the reason for the northern border surge is one particular Canadian policy that, if ever acknowledged, could be quickly and easily remedied between diplomats on both sides. But likely never will.

The catalyst of mainly Mexican northern border crossings is a policy that Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau implemented on December 1, 2016. On that day, Trudeau rescinded the requirement that Mexicans seeking to travel to Canada obtain visas. The prime minister replaced the visa requirement it with a pro-forma electronic travel authorization (eTA) visitor’s pass, a $7 online affair, that allowed Mexicans to fly in at will like most American citizens.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Canadian-Policy-Behind-Surge-Illegals-and-Mexican-Cartel-Operatives-Northern-Border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Canadian Policy Behind the Surge of Illegals – and Mexican Cartel Operatives – at the Northern Border
No evidence that the Biden administration has ever demanded change at multiple U.S.-Canada immigration meetings

By Todd Bensman on March 22, 2023

The Canadian border is back in the news, with headlines proclaiming that illegal immigration there has suddenly spiked more than 800 percent in one busy sector recent months. Amid a fresh outbreak of “what-to-do-doism”, the Biden administration redeployed 25 Border Patrol agents from the besieged southern border to the far northeast corner of America’s border with Canada, the Border Patrol's Swanton Sector (including New Hampshire, Vermont, and part of New York).

The agents are to intercept what appears to be a huge spike in crossings by mostly Mexican nationals flying over the United States into Canada and then crossing the border southward, along with other nationalities in smaller numbers.

But so far left out of public reporting and government responses is that the reason for the northern border surge is one particular Canadian policy that, if ever acknowledged, could be quickly and easily remedied between diplomats on both sides. But likely never will.

The catalyst of mainly Mexican northern border crossings is a policy that Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau implemented on December 1, 2016. On that day, Trudeau rescinded the requirement that Mexicans seeking to travel to Canada obtain visas. The prime minister replaced the visa requirement it with a pro-forma electronic travel authorization (eTA) visitor’s pass, a $7 online affair, that allowed Mexicans to fly in at will like most American citizens.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Canadian-Policy-Behind-Surge-Illegals-and-Mexican-Cartel-Operatives-Northern-Border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson