Author Topic: Challenging the National Science Teaching Association’s Position Statement on Climate Change  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Challenging the National Science
Teaching Association’s Position
Statement on Climate Change
Audiatur et altera pars
March 23, 2023

About the CO2 Coalition
The CO2 Coalition was established in 2015 as a non-partisan educational foundation operating under
Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code for the purpose of educating thought leaders, policy makers and the public about the important contribution made by carbon dioxide to our lives and the economy. The Coalition seeks to engage in an informed and dispassionate discussion of climate change, humans’ role in the climate system, the limitations of climate models and the consequences of mandated reductions in CO2 emissions.

In carrying out our mission, we seek to strengthen the understanding of the role of science and the
scientific process in addressing complex public policy issues like climate change. Science produces
empirical, measurable, objective facts and provides a means for testing hypotheses that can be
replicated and potentially disproven. Approaches to policy that do not adhere to the scientific process risk grave damage to the economy and to science.

The Coalition is comprised of more than 100 of the top experts in the world who are skeptical of a
theoretical link between increasing CO2 and a pending climate crisis while embracing the positive aspects of modest warming and increasing CO2. They include physicists, chemists, engineers, geologists, economists and more. More than 70% of the members hold doctorates or commensurate degrees and include three members of the National Academy of Sciences.

https://co2coalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Challenging-NSTA-Position-Statement-on-Climate-Change.pdf
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson