Author Topic: DeSantis says Trump should've given up power like George Washington after election loss and January  (Read 693 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis says Trump should've given up power like George Washington after election loss and January 6: Florida Gov. takes a dig at rival for trying to overturn the election instead of acting like a Founding Father
Daily Mail/UK, Mar, 22, 2023

For the first time, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has criticized former President Donald Trump for refusing to concede power following the 2020 election – in a generalized comment referencing events more than 200 years ago.

DeSantis, who condemned rioters inside the Capitol where he once served, but has said little about Trump's push to have courts and allies toss out the results, made remarks during an interview with Piers Morgan, where he also blasted Trump administration chaos.

He did so by invoking the nation's most revered founder and first U.S. President, George Washington who Trump has frequently lionized

"So, somebody who really set the standard is George Washington because he always put the Republic over his own personal interest. When we won the American Revolution, Washington surrendered his sword,' DeSantis said.

More:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11890749/DeSantis-throws-shade-Trump-bringing-George-Washington-saying-great-men-power.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Washington served two terms, declined a third, even declined being made monarch.

He was never the "loser" in a fraudulent election.

If anyone should be compared, perhaps Nixon in 1960.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

Washington served two terms, declined a third, even declined being made monarch.

He was never the "loser" in a fraudulent election.

The election wasn't stolen. Trump lost to senile Joe Biden fair and square.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

You are free to preach that sermon in the worship center of your choice, but almost no one follows that religion here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

Well according to Donald, it was “stollen.”  You know, like German Christmas bread.  His feed is loaded with references to stollen this, stollen that.  People respond, and the discussion goes nowhere.  Is it possible we have been arguing about two different things? 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Nope...

All caught fair and square real time on this thread.  And don't give me the coincidence speech that liberals use.  And this is from a DeSantis supporter, so I am sharing this from an objective basis.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,418946.700.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 01:42:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I've thought the same.  He didn't challenge that election because he thought it would tear the country apart.

I've thought the same.  He didn't challenge that election because he thought it would tear the country apart.

A lot has changed in the 62 years since JFK stole Chicago.  A fight at this point is a fight to save the nation, not to tear it apart.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis