Author Topic: What 'Putin Wing' Ex-Colonel Douglas Macgregor Has Said About Ukraine War  (Read 499 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Given that MacGregor is occasionally cited to as a military expert whose words should be heeded with respect to the war in Ukraine, I thought it might be useful to recap what he has said.  This article is from March 2022.

In multiple interviews, Macgregor has confidently predicted that the conflict will end with Russia "annihilating" Ukrainian forces and winning the war. One such interview, with Carlson, was aired on Russia's state-controlled TV.

..."The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over, all of the Ukrainian troops there have been largely surrounded and cut off. You have a concentration down in the Southeast of 30 or 40,000 of them, and if they don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them."

Macgregor added that he believed Zelensky needed to "negotiate the best deal he can get," even if that means surrendering parts of eastern Ukraine to Russian forces and declaring neutrality in Western Ukraine. Later in the interview, Macgregor claimed that Western media is working to "demonize" Putin and Russia, and added that the U.S. should stay out of the conflict—and avoid sending any aid to Ukrainian forces.

Days later, Macgregor appeared in an interview with Fox Business' Stuart Varney and claimed that Russian forces had been too gentle in their initial attacks.

"The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle," he said. "They've now corrected that. So, I would say another 10 days this should be completely over."

On Thursday, Macgregor told Carlson that he believes Ukrainians have already been defeated and that both nations "are very close right now to a ceasefire."

https://www.newsweek.com/what-putin-wing-ex-colonel-douglas-macgregor-has-said-about-ukraine-war-1689802

The most amazing part of all this is that Tucker Carlson still sometimes has McGregor on his show as an "expert" on the Ukraine war, still saying that Ukraine will be defeated any day now and should immediately surrender.  At no point has Tucker ever challenged McGregor on any of the truly awful predictions he has made about that war, which he has continued doing long after his March 2022 predictions were proved wildly wrong.  Tucker just keeps presenting him to his audience as the voice of truth on Ukraine. 

Here's his interview of MacGregor from a week ago, in which Tucker introduced him as "One of the very few people we trust and you've been honest since the very beginning".  Which is pretty much the direct opposite of the inarguable truth:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/4Ftd6y88USKA/

And one of Tucker's obsequious MacGregor interviews from September:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/tucker-carlson-ukraine-russia-guest-b2165684.html

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:47:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Mod2

Is this your original work, Major, or is there a cite to a published article?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :laugh:

What a maroon.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Mod2

Is this your original work, Major, or is there a cite to a published article?

Hopefully I posted it correctly.  Did it from my phone so I may have lost the link, but it should be in there....

ETA:  Yup - the newsweek link was in there.  I just fixed the quotes because I apparently had the end quote in the wrong place.  Fixed now.  To be clear, the Newsweek article from March 2022 is credited.  The rest of it is mine, though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:50:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Mod2

thanks.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Every Era has its Chamberlains...

Get them on record for posterity's sake.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Bad look for Tucker here too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Former Col Douglas MacGregor is usually a dolt most of the time. 

His predictions on the Ukraine War are about as accurate as Biden's regarding our economy, literally meaning that the truth or reality of the situation is 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

But a few things are certain.  First, there is no such thing as too many dead Russian men at arms for Vlad.  He will feed as many into the meat grinder as necessary to get what he wants.  It was reported about one month ago that there were 180,000 Russian casualties.   Putin's controlled media has been reporting 1,000.  Somewhere between those two numbers is the truth.

Second, the population of Russia is about five times that of Ukraine, and now more like seven times what Ukraine is at present.  Attrition is on the side of Russia.  For those of you that have played the game Risk, imagine Country A with 35 armies attacking Country B with only 5 armies.  Who wins in that scenario?  The analogy is exact to the current situation in Ukraine.

MacGregor was dead wrong with his forecast of outcomes for the past year+, but he is not wrong about the impact of attrition.  Ukrainians just can't make enough babies to perpetuate this war, and Putin is literally paying women to give birth to babies in Russia.  He is paying every woman $5,000 for birthing every baby they have.  Now you never hear that in our news or on Tucker!  And births in Russia are up.  Births in Ukraine are, I am sure, all but nonexistent.

I will say something that all should watch closely.  If Belarus jumps into the fray and attacks Ukraine with Russia, I believe there is an 80% likelihood of Poland jumping in on the side of Ukraine.  When the first Russian missile falls on Poland, that activates NATO to enter the war.  How many days/weeks before nuclear weapons are in fact used?  I give it two weeks.

There was a recent survey on Poll King, a daily polling operation, and they asked, "Which do you consider more threatening, A. the Kennedy missile crisis with Russia, or B. the war in Ukraine?"  77 Percent said answer B.