Author Topic: BREAKING: DeSantis declares 'I can win the Presidency'  (Read 965 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: DeSantis declares 'I can win the Presidency'
« on: March 22, 2023, 05:34:33 pm »

The Post Millennial
Mar 21, 2023 3 minute read
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has finally broken his silence on his much anticipated potential 2024 presidential run, giving an interview from the governor's mansion in which he said that he has what it takes to be president and "I can beat Biden."

DeSantis sat down with Piers Morgan in a wide-ranging interview, saying "stay tuned" when asked about the potential 2024 bid for the GOP nomination. Former President Donald Trump is currently the front-runner for that spot, as he endeavors to earn his second term.

"It was clear that the governor has had enough of Trump’s constant baiting and felt ready to take him on in what could end up being a ferocious battle for the White House," Morgan said, writing about the interview for the New York Post.

"DeSantis slammed Trump over his character failings," Morgan continued, "chaotic leadership style, and for his handling of the COVID pandemic — especially in keeping controversial health chief Dr. Anthony Fauci in his post helping to run the White House Coronavirus Taskforce."

more
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-desantis-declares-i-can-win-the-presidency
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: BREAKING: DeSantis declares 'I can win the Presidency'
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 05:37:33 pm »
How long before we see posts with cries of “FEC violation?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 05:52:24 pm »
How long before we see posts with cries of “FEC violation?”

Probably being filed as we speak.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 10:14:09 pm »
The presidency in 2024 cannot be won by any Republican candidate UNLESS he can win overwhelmingly amongst the MAGA voters.

Where did they come from?
Towards whom does their "first allegiance" point?

Having written the above, it remains problematic for ANY Republican to win in 2024, due to The Party's "underground election apparatus".

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 10:24:01 pm »
The presidency in 2024 cannot be won by any Republican candidate UNLESS he can win overwhelmingly amongst the MAGA voters.

Having written the above, it remains problematic for ANY Republican to win in 2024, due to The Party's "underground election apparatus".

:yowsa:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:24:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 10:32:44 pm »
    In before the Trumpers declare it's Blasphemy for someone, anyone, to talk like this and we should crucify him @ Bedminster, and nickname him DeSitler.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 11:09:37 pm »
Saying you can win, or exploring the possibility of running a campaign and gauging the likelihood of success, is not actually running.  Candidates have done that for years without triggering the laws that apply to active candidacies.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 05:29:29 pm »

If you mean the nomination then you might be right. But to win the Presidency you need independent voters. If MAGA were truly a majority, then Trump would have won, Oz, Walker, Masters, and the Kari 'The Flake' Lake would have won.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 05:34:09 pm »

If you mean the nomination then you might be right. But to win the Presidency you need independent voters. If MAGA were truly a majority, then Trump would have won, Oz, Walker, Masters, and the Kari 'The Flake' Lake would have won.

Adam Kinzinger, I wish you would use your real name when you post.
The Republic is lost.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 05:36:48 pm »
Adam Kinzinger, I wish you would use your real name when you post.

Sorry it's true
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 05:42:44 pm »

Sorry it's true

Only within the confines of your personal faith based political religion.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 05:51:26 pm »
Actually, he’s right

Winning the nomination and winning a general election are two separate tasks.

The Democrats have used the term “MAGA Republican” with modest success. The reason Reagan won was his appeal to independent voters in both 1980 and especially in 1984 along with a  united conservative base

MAGA, though passionate, do not represent the majority of the country. In fact, I would say they are out numbered by the left.

It appears that whoever gets the Republican nomination in 2024, is going to do so, with a fractured party. To overcome the advantages the Democrats have, both by default and things they put in place for themselves to give them an advantage, the republican nominee has to not only secure the Republican base, but attract enough swing voters, especially in suburban areas to win the WH

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 06:08:32 pm »
Actually, he’s right

Winning the nomination and winning a general election are two separate tasks.

The Democrats have used the term “MAGA Republican” with modest success. The reason Reagan won was his appeal to independent voters in both 1980 and especially in 1984 along with a  united conservative base

MAGA, though passionate, do not represent the majority of the country. In fact, I would say they are out numbered by the left.

It appears that whoever gets the Republican nomination in 2024, is going to do so, with a fractured party. To overcome the advantages the Democrats have, both by default and things they put in place for themselves to give them an advantage, the republican nominee has to not only secure the Republican base, but attract enough swing voters, especially in suburban areas to win the WH

That's right. And the Conservative base (en toto) is beyond Tumpy's reach.
He has sullied the fiscal conservatives, the libertarians, and cannot fully tap the Christian Right.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 06:28:11 pm »
Trumpers believe that they are on a religious mission to “save America.” And Trump is the Moses that will lead them on this quest

Well, that’s never really defined and that’s quite a burden to put on one man. Especially someone as
as flawed as Donald Trump.  After all, there are probably several conflicting views of what “save America” would look like.

I’m not fully on board with the idea that Trump was robbed, but I also I’m not fully on board with the idea that it was a free and fair election no questions asked. The 2020 election was a mess, and in order to fix that we’ve got to get a hold of the handles of power, first. That means winning general elections

But if we entrenched ourselves in the idea that when a Republican candidates loses there was treachery involved, well, do we say congratulations to President reelect Biden or newly elected president Gavin Newsom in 2024?

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 06:32:45 pm »
Trumpers believe that they are on a religious mission to “save America.” And Trump is the Moses that will lead them on this quest

Well, that’s never really defined and that’s quite a burden to put on one man. Especially someone as
as flawed as Donald Trump.  After all, there are probably several conflicting views of what “save America” would look like.

I’m not fully on board with the idea that Trump was robbed, but I also I’m not fully on board with the idea that it was a free and fair election no questions asked. The 2020 election was a mess, and in order to fix that we’ve got to get a hold of the handles of power, first. That means winning general elections

But if we entrenched ourselves in the idea that when a Republican candidates loses there was treachery involved, well, do we say congratulations to President reelect Biden or newly elected president Gavin Newsom in 2024?

That's right - Except I do believe the election to be more than suspect, and proved so in AZ and GA (and others to a lesser degree).

BUTT, and it is a big, fat butt...
As I said all along,
Corruption is what you can prove... in court.

People hate me for saying it but that is the playing field.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 06:32:58 pm »
That's right. And the Conservative base (en toto) is beyond Tumpy's reach.
He has sullied the fiscal conservatives, the libertarians, and cannot fully tap the Christian Right.

And that bodes very poorly for the presidential election for Republicans in 2024. The Public’s dissatisfaction with Joe Biden is not enough. I can’t recall seeing the Republican Party this fractured between conservatives, populists, and people like Cheney and Romney. Trumper’s are assuming, and probably wrongly saw, that if Trump gets a nomination, you’ll just fall in line by default.

That’s why I have advised that any rising stars in the GOP sit out 2024,let Trump have the nomination, and let him go on to lose the general and figure out where to go from there

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 06:35:10 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 06:35:47 pm »
That's right - Except I do believe the election to be more than suspect, and proved so in AZ and GA (and others to a lesser degree).

As I said all along,

No, I agree. And it didn’t help that Trump shoved Walker into the Senate race in Georgia, either.

The GOP is no longer a serious party save for the governors

Will this all turnaround someday? Sure. There’s a breaking point at some point but I don’t think we’re quite there today but it is approaching. We’ve been in this position before.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 06:36:39 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 06:40:37 pm »
And that bodes very poorly for the presidential election for Republicans in 2024. The Public’s dissatisfaction with Joe Biden is not enough. I can’t recall seeing the Republican Party this fractured between conservatives, populists, and people like Cheney and Romney. Trumper’s are assuming, and probably wrongly saw, that if Trump gets a nomination, you’ll just fall in line by default.

That’s why I have advised that any rising stars in the GOP sit out 2024,let Trump have the nomination, and let him go on to lose the general and figure out where to go from there

That's likely how it will play anyway.
And the conservatives that will not vote against their principles will be blamed again for refusing to vote *FOR* what they are most adamantly *AGAINST*.

Same ol song since the mid 80s.

But in the mean time, in reality, the only times since (and including) Reagan than this country got anywhere near to back on the right track, it was Conservative movements that did it.

You would think the populist-minded would stop and think on that... But they are too busy chasing after shiny sh*t, and picking up candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2023, 06:44:02 pm »
That's likely how it will play anyway.
And the conservatives that will not vote against their principles will be blamed again for refusing to vote *FOR* what they are most adamantly *AGAINST*.

Same ol song since the mid 80s.

But in the mean time, in reality, the only times since (and including) Reagan than this country got anywhere near to back on the right track, it was Conservative movements that did it.

You would think the populist-minded would stop and think on that... But they are too busy chasing after shiny sh*t, and picking up candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade.

Well it is what is. You and I can only vote our values just like they will

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2023, 06:49:49 pm »
No, I agree. And it didn’t help that Trump shoved Walker into the Senate race in Georgia, either.

The GOP is no longer a serious party save for the governors

Will this all turnaround someday? Sure. There’s a breaking point at some point but I don’t think we’re quite there today but it is approaching. We’ve been in this position before.

That's right.
But this time is different
We are approaching a nexus, or have already crossed...
The point of total darkness, and the light's divine divide (obscure Fogelberg points) approaches, and either the people will see, and elect austerity and a return to the rule of law, and begin to heal the land, or near total destruction will ensue...

It is REALLY that dire in my mind, and simply stopping the democrats, a corporate tax cut, and printing mo' money aint gonna fix it for much longer.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2023, 06:51:54 pm »
Well it is what is. You and I can only vote our values just like they will

YUP.  :shrug: :beer:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2023, 07:21:32 pm »
It doesn't help the GOP to win Independent and Dem voters by out-Taliban-ing the Taliban on social issues.

I wish they were as fervently fiscally conservative as they pretend to be on social issues.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2023, 07:42:50 pm »
As I said all along,

Exactly.  And you're right, some people absolutely don't want to hear that.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2023, 10:20:02 pm »
Vulcan observes (about davis):
"Adam Kinzinger, I wish you would use your real name when you post."

He quoted my post in reply #7 above, and completely ignore the significance of the last paragraph.