Author Topic: Ford F-150 Lightning Recall Reveals Root Cause Of Fire That Stopped Production  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ford F-150 Lightning Recall Reveals Root Cause Of Fire That Stopped Production
Story by Iulian Dnistran • 9h ago

Documents published by the NHTSA shed light on the incident.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) published several documents yesterday regarding the recall of certain Ford F-150 Lightning pickups that may be fitted with faulty high-voltage battery packs.

The defect was spotted when an F-150 Lightning caught fire in a holding lot at Ford’s Rouge Electric Vehicle Center on February 4, which prompted the Blue Oval company to pause production and stop delivering vehicles to dealers.

Production eventually resumed more than a month later, on March 13, and Ford said back then that the problem was related to the high-voltage battery but stopped short of offering specific details.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-f-150-lightning-recall-reveals-root-cause-of-fire-that-stopped-production/ar-AA18VLxX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7223061e2fce4e42a0cc351e27b4b294&ei=75
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Um, the root cause of a Ford vehicle catching fire is that.....it's a Ford :whistle: