Author Topic: US drone hit by Russian pilot 'sank to an unrecoverable depth'  (Read 364 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US drone hit by Russian pilot 'sank to an unrecoverable depth'
by Mike Brest, Defense Reporter |
March 22, 2023 10:48 AM

The U.S. military is not actively trying to recover the Air Force's MQ-9 unmanned aircraft that was downed into the Black Sea after being hit by a Russian aircraft last week.

Two Russian pilots flew recklessly and dangerously close to the U.S. drone over the Black Sea, dumping fuel on it multiple times, before one of them ultimately flew into the drone's propeller last Tuesday, U.S. military officials explained in its aftermath. The U.S. military was forced to crash land the drone into the Black Sea, about 75 miles southwest of Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula, but they were able to wipe it of sensitive data.

"There are not any ongoing recovery efforts as the MQ-9 sank to an unrecoverable depth in the Black Sea," a U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa spokesperson told the Washington Examiner on Wednesday. "However, we took mitigating measures to secure and wipe all sensitive data from the aircraft prior to the crash to prevent anyone from obtaining any intelligence of value if they were to recover the plane."

Russian officials have said they want to recover the $32 million aircraft, and a U.S. official told CNN they've been able to discover small bits of the MQ-9 Reaper drone.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/us-drone-hit-by-russian-pilot-unrecoverable
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: US drone hit by Russian pilot 'sank to an unrecoverable depth'
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 09:01:12 pm »
Hmmmm....

Is the unspoken message here (to the Russians), "we don't want it back, it's yours"....?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 01:29:52 am »
Seems like a 'suicide' switch would be good, and I don't mean just a data wipe. If the drone had a warhead that could be armed during such encounters that would explode when other aircraft were in effective range, this might be the next to last such encounter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 01:51:43 am »
   That is exactly what I would expect the US Government to say, regardless of the facts in the water. 
   Tucker will do an explosive expose' next week explaining nothing of significance.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 01:55:31 am »
   That is exactly what I would expect the US Government to say, regardless of the facts in the water. 
   Tucker will do an explosive expose' next week explaining nothing of significance.
Sad, isn't it, that there was no proximity warhead which could have been made 'hot' and the loss of the Russian fighter credited to the collision...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis