Author Topic: IMMIGRATIONTexas, U.S. officials warn Americans not to travel to Mexico as cartel violence escalates  (Read 292 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IMMIGRATIONTexas, U.S. officials warn Americans not to travel to Mexico as cartel violence escalates
Published 3 mins ago on March 21, 2023
By Sara Carter StaffGettyImages 1082131004

The State Department continues to warn Americans not to travel to Mexico due to increased crime, violence and cartel activity. Last August the department warned specifically that Americans should not go to six Mexican states and to “reconsider” traveling to others.

Earlier this month, Texas DPS Director Steven McCraw said “Drug cartel violence and other criminal activity represent a significant safety threat to anyone who crosses into Mexico right now.”

“We have a duty to inform the public about safety, travel risks and threats. Based on the volatile nature of cartel activity and the violence we are seeing there, we are urging individuals to avoid travel to Mexico at this time” he continued.

The U.S. State Department and Texas Department of Public Safety say the warning is not just for spring breakers, as over 558 Americans have been reported and are still missing in Mexico. According to the Washington Post, the number is up from 324 reported in 2020, which the Post says is “almost certainly an undercount.”

https://saraacarter.com/texas-u-s-officials-warn-americans-not-to-travel-to-mexico-as-cartel-violence-escalates/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

Who in their right mind would want to travel to Mexico?  Spring breakers maybe for vacation, but hopefully some of them have sense and will stay away.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bele wonders:
"Who in their right mind would want to travel to Mexico?  Spring breakers maybe for vacation, but hopefully some of them have sense and will stay away"

Yes.
But, for some reason, Wheel of Fortune keeps offering trips to Mexico in their "prize puzzles". Seems at least once a week. They must get them for cheap...!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If I want to visit Mexico I only have to go about half way down the street.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who in their right mind would want to travel to Mexico?  Spring breakers maybe for vacation, but hopefully some of them have sense and will stay away.
I've been saying that for years. I think it is more about scoring drugs, weapons, and underage girls/boys than tourism.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.