Author Topic: “I would have fired somebody like Fauci” – Gov DeSantis takes on Trump in new interview with Piers M  (Read 1482 times)

Offline corbe

“I would have fired somebody like Fauci” – Gov DeSantis takes on Trump in new interview with Piers Morgan

MAR. 21, 2023 7:01 PM BY THE RIGHT SCOOP

Piers Morgan spent an hour with Governor DeSantis yesterday in an interview where he asked a lot of questions about Trump.

While the interview will air on Fox Nation, Morgan wrote about the interview in the New York Post.

I would caution you to differentiate Morgan’s characterizaion of what DeSantis says and what DeSantis actually says. I found that while reading it, Morgan would make the words of DeSantis sound far more salacious than they actually were when reading them.

Now it’s possible that DeSantis was more salacious in the actual interview itself, but since we can’t see it we have to rely on the quotes from DeSantis in the article. And they sounded a lot less ‘attacky’ than Morgan makes them sound.

First up DeSantis cites diffences between himself and Trump, noting their approaches to COVID were different and that he would have fired Dr. Fauci:

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/i-would-have-fired-somebody-like-fauci-gov-desantis-takes-on-trump-in-new-interview-with-piers-morgan/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This points out one of the most glaring problems with Trump. He's like a pit bull on a steak on issues that nobody cares about, but he can't pull the trigger when it come to important things like firing Fauci, who is as corrupt as they come.

Alot more people might have been alive if Trump had done that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I said on another thread that this is RDS strongest attack point, and the weakest part of Trump's underbelly.  I would bet that most of Trump's supporters are anti-vax, yet Trump continues to tout the vax as his personal victory.  Add to that Trump's giving so much authority to Fauci and adding $1 trillion to the debt in government giveaways (especially the billions and billions fraudulently "borrowed" and never repaid by businesses affected by the shutdown). None of these policies have aged well.

Offline LMAO

I think the “firing Fauci” thing is kind of Monday morning quarterbacking

We all have the benefit of knowing now how highly compromised Anthony Fauci is. But  was that luxury known in early to mid 2020?

Not that I don’t think Anthony Fauci should be immediately removed from his position. But that’s not an easy position for a sitting  president to make during the early shock of Covid.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

Granted @LMAO But some remembered the reptilian aspect of Fauci during the Aids epidemic in 84 during Reagans term.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I said on another thread that this is RDS strongest attack point, and the weakest part of Trump's underbelly. 

Except DeSantis is lying ----- @massadvj

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis

Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci agree; there is too high a risk that travelers from the NY Tri-State Area have been exposed to #COVID19. I appreciate their support for my executive order requiring such individuals flying into FL to self-quarantine for 14 days.

5:34 PM · Mar 25, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1242927808843788288

"Let me refresh your short term selective memory. Here’s video of DeSantis in June 2020 calling Fauci’s directives “important” & threatening to revoke licenses of FL businesses that didn’t comply." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1632477718351675393

"Two years ago today, @GovRonDeSantis became a "Lockdown Governor" when he issued a stay-at-home order for Floridians." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/sfdb/status/1509857474903527437

He's VERY proud of THIS   pointing-down

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis

I’m pleased to announce that beginning this Monday, March 29, all Floridians age 40 and older will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning the following Monday, April 5, all Floridians age 18 and older will be eligible.

Video:.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1375071335076990987

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:52:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

pointing-up  Here's some truth about DeSantis the media won't tell you @sneakypete

Notice who's still wearing the mask here. -----

Offline libertybele

Gee @Right_in_Virginia DeSantis went by what he was first told by Fauci just like everyone else.

Then the good governor soon realized that Fauci was full of crappola.

DeSantis then  opened us up quickly in phases and it worked out beautifully.  We now have people flocking to our state because we are considered 'free'.

You can try to make DeSantis look bad all you want, but people aren't coming here because he's made poor choices.  He has stood his ground.  He has done well for Florida.  He is very popular and successful!! happy77

BTW DeSantis didn't have the authority to fire Fauci, but the rude orange man with billions sure did.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Notice who's still wearing the mask here. -----

God forbid.  DeSantis is wearing a mask. Keep trying @Right_in_Virginia  :laugh:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
What the Trumpeter cherry picked half slice doesn't tell you is that the restrictions were lighter than the blue states and were only in place for a few months.

Meanwhile, Trump let Fauci stay long past his expiration date.
The Republic is lost.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
RDS may have his own problems in this regard, especially for his actions early in the pandemic.  But Trump is Mr. Vax, Mr. Lockdown and Mr. Free Lunch when it comes to his pandemic policy.  Pointing to DeSantis actions does not erase what Trump did. 

I don't support either one of them at this point.

I do think Trump did quite a few good things as POTUS, and I gave him a pass early on in the COVID crisis because I saw that, politically, he had no choice but to go with the experts. But he has yet to renounce the vax in any way, and the taxpayer money he spent to save himself was atrocious.  He paved the way for Biden to double down as soon as he was elected, and we are paying a huge price for all of it now.     

Offline libertybele

pointing-up  Here's some truth about DeSantis the media won't tell you @sneakypete

That information is several years old; during the pandemic.  Ron quickly changed his tune after her realized that Fauci was a fraud; unlike the rude orange man with billions.

Keep trying .... Your Trump v. DeSantis war only shows how desperate you are to try to make Trump look better. 

No one other than Haley has declared.  Why aren't you going after her? Why isn't the rude orange man with billions going after her?  Instead you're going after someone who hasn't even declared that they are running yet due to the enormous threat you feel that DeSantis poses.   :laugh:

Offline corbe

I certainly understand why Trump doesn't wear a mask.

Offline libertybele

RDS may have his own problems in this regard, especially for his actions early in the pandemic.  But Trump is Mr. Vax, Mr. Lockdown and Mr. Free Lunch when it comes to his pandemic policy.  Pointing to DeSantis actions does not erase what Trump did. 

I don't support either one of them at this point.

I do think Trump did quite a few good things as POTUS, and I gave him a pass early on in the COVID crisis because I saw that, politically, he had no choice but to go with the experts. But he has yet to renounce the vax in any way, and the taxpayer money he spent to save himself was atrocious.  He paved the way for Biden to double down as soon as he was elected, and we are paying a huge price for all of it now.   

Nope, DeSantis isn't going to have a problem with his actions early on.  We have hundreds of thousands flocking to our State because people see us a free.  DeSantis has a very good record period.  Trump continued on with marching orders from Facui, while DeSantis took the opposite approach.

God forbid.  DeSantis is wearing a mask. Keep trying @Right_in_Virginia

I don't care if DeSantis wears a mask or not @libertybele   I care that he's lying about "firing" Fauci when he followed Fauci's directives after most everyone else had said "enough".

Read my post a little upthread ---- read and hear directly from the governor how important Fauci and Birx were ----- even thanking them for their support.

Offline libertybele

I certainly understand why Trump doesn't wear a mask.

:rolling: :rolling:

Offline libertybele

I don't care if DeSantis wears a mask or not @libertybele   I care that he's lying about "firing" Fauci when he followed Fauci's directives after most everyone else had said "enough".

Read my post a little upthread ---- read and hear directly from the governor how important Fauci and Birx were ----- even thanking them for their support.

I declare b.s. @Right_in_Virginia   DeSantis did NOT follow Fauci's directive after most said enough.  That is a gross inaccuracy!  Trump on the other hand continued to march to Fauci's orders.

Offline libertybele

Whatever ... what DOES matter is he re-opened us back up within a short period of time.  Florida has flourished and hundreds of thousands have moved here because of that.  Unlike Trump who continued to march to Fauci's orders.

DeSantis has a very good record period.  Trump continued on with marching orders from Facui, while DeSantis took the opposite approach.

The seven Republican governors who didn't lock down their states have the "very good record" @libertybele

Trump did not continue Fauci's marching orders, DeSantis did ---- long after many others had stopped ---- as this photo illustrates:

Whatever ... what DOES matter is he re-opened us back up within a short period of time.  Florida has flourished and hundreds of thousands have moved here because of that.  Unlike Trump who continued to march to Fauci's orders.

No, Trump did not @libertybele

I'm thrilled Florida has "flourished".  Here's hoping the good people of Florida keep their governor for many years to come.  :crossed:

Offline libertybele

The seven Republican governors who didn't lock down their states have the "very good record" @libertybele

Trump did not continue Fauci's marching orders, DeSantis did ---- long after many others had stopped ---- as this photo illustrates:

Whatever.   Florida is thriving, people are flocking to our State because of the wise decisions and good judgement, backbone and tenacity of DeSantis.

It's becoming comical that you see DeSantis as such a threat; unfortunately I don't find it comical that an ex-president sees him as a threat and is already trying to sling mud and hurting the Republican party.

Carry on with your rude orange man with billions v. Desantis war.   :seeya:

Offline Kamaji

Gee @Right_in_Virginia DeSantis went by what he was first told by Fauci just like everyone else.

Then the good governor soon realized that Fauci was full of crappola.

DeSantis then  opened us up quickly in phases and it worked out beautifully.  We now have people flocking to our state because we are considered 'free'.

You can try to make DeSantis look bad all you want, but people aren't coming here because he's made poor choices.  He has stood his ground.  He has done well for Florida.  He is very popular and successful!! happy77

BTW DeSantis didn't have the authority to fire Fauci, but the rude orange man with billions sure did.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Whatever.   Florida is thriving, people are flocking to our State because of the wise decisions and good judgement, backbone and tenacity of DeSantis.

It's becoming comical that you see DeSantis as such a threat; unfortunately I don't find it comical that an ex-president sees him as a threat and is already trying to sling mud and hurting the Republican party.

Carry on with your rude orange man with billions v. Desantis war.   :seeya:

And not only did DeSantis provide leadership on COVID, he's provided leadership ever since, and actually move the ball against the woke Left.

He knows how to get things done.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

And not only did DeSantis provide leadership on COVID, he's provided leadership ever since, and actually move the ball against the woke Left.

He knows how to get things done.

888high58888 wink777