Author Topic: Transgender troops warn GOP bill could upend lives, weaken military  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Transgender troops warn GOP bill could upend lives, weaken military
By Jacob Wendler
 Mar 22, 05:00 AM

Transgender troops fear a policy overturn may force them to serve in secret. Those who support the proposed ban argue that the issue is discouraging many potential recruits from enlisting. 

WASHINGTON — Kora Delta was one of thousands of U.S. troops who helped evacuate more than 100,000 people from Afghanistan in the summer of 2021. The mission came as she was awaiting gender-affirming care, a few months after the Biden administration announced that transgender people could serve openly in the military, reversing a Trump-era policy.

“I still put my best foot forward and we still got those people out of that country,” said Delta, an Air Force command and control battle management operator. “I was at my worst. I still acted for my country.”

Delta is one of the thousands of openly transgender service members who would be prohibited from serving in the military as part of new legislation introduced in Congress. The “Ensuring Military Readiness Act”, introduced by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), would largely disqualify transgender individuals from serving in the military; companion legislation is being considered in the House this week.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2023/03/22/transgender-troops-warn-gop-bill-could-upend-lives-weaken-military/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Transgender troops warn GOP bill could upend lives, weaken military
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 02:35:55 pm »
I've known people who threatened the lives of people whenever they took a dump, and not just trannies. savme
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 02:37:41 pm »
"Gender-affirming care" is not medical care in any sense of the word.  It is physical and chemical mutilation, pure and simple.  If a competent adult wants to voluntarily mutilate themselves in that fashion, and they can find a surgeon/doctor who will play along, then that's their business so long as they alone pay for it.

The U.S. government should certainly not be paying for it, and people who have such substantial mental problems that they believe their body dysphoria requires them to mutilate themselves are not stable enough to serve in the U.S. armed forces in any event.

So-called "trans" people do not strengthen the military, and they have upended their own lives, and should therefore rightly bear the consequences of having done so; they should not be permitted to offload that burden onto the U.S. taxpayer or the mentally stable who are serving honorably as themselves in the U.S. armed forces.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:38:53 pm by Kamaji »

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 01:00:15 am »
"Delta is one of the thousands of openly transgender service members who would be prohibited from serving in the military as part of new legislation introduced in Congress". (emphasis mine)

I'm sorry: what? Really?

Thousands???

Let's analyze this.

We'll examine the numbers, first using a liberal estimate. Researchers at the Williams Institute, a think tank at UCLA's Law School focused on gender identity public policy, concluded In June 2022 that the percentage and number of adults who identify as transgender included approximately about 0.5% of all U.S. adults or 1.64 million people over the age of 13 in the United States who identify as transgender, having a different gender identity than the sex they were assigned at birth. A more comprehensive and scientific study can be found here, at the American Journal of Public Health: https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/10.2105/AJPH.2016.303578   

The AJPH study cited above found the number of transgenders to be less than 1 million, but adjusting for the change in population between the study date (2017) and now, let us use 1,000,000 as a current estimate.   

There were a total of 1.195 million active-duty military, according to September 2021 data from the Department of Defense. So at that time, with approximately 332 million Americans, we are talking about of 0.36% of the US population in the armed forces. That would result in a maximum of about 5,975 transgender persons in the US Armed forces, based on the Williams Institute's work, and about 3,600 based on the AJPH.

Okay - that's "thousands".

But that number also assumes that transgender people have exactly the same propensity as the average heterosexual person to want to join a branch of the US military as any other citizen.

Raise your hand if you believe that.

I don't see a lot of hands.

Why?

Because, likely: you have lived long enough to know how people behave and what choices they tend to make. And if you assume that gay or transgendered people are far more likely to gravitate toward, say, roles in entertainment and the arts, you are not merely guessing. It is a demonstrable, observable fact.

Now, even if they were disposed toward pursuing military careers, how many would be able to meet basic physical requirements in order to do so?

That is why I would propose that the actual numbers are much smaller - hundreds, rather than thousands.

But as with our culture as a whole today: they are the ones dictating policy for the rest of us. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn