State Chapters > Texas

Texas Tribune: Officers with AR-15s Were Scared to Confront Uvalde Shooter

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Texas Tribune: Officers with AR-15s Were Scared to Confront Uvalde Shooter

AWR Hawkins 21 Mar 2023

A March 20, 2023, Texas Tribune report claims officers, many of whom were armed with AR-15s, were afraid to confront the lone Uvalde school attacker, who was allegedly armed with an AR-15.

The Tribune quotes numerous police officers from various departments explaining the reason they abandoned protocol for confronting mass shooters is that they heard other officers on the radio saying the attacker had an “AR-15” or an “AR.”

They note that Uvalde police department Sgt. Donald Page told investigators, “You knew that it was definitely an AR. There was no way of going in. … We had no choice but to wait and try to get something that had better coverage where we could actually stand up to him.”

The Tribune also points to a quote from former Uvalde police chief Pete Arredondo: “We’re gonna get scrutinized (for) why we didn’t go in there. I know the firepower he had, based on what shells I saw, the holes in the wall in the room next to his. … The preservation of life, everything around (the gunman), was a priority.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/03/21/texas-tribune-officers-ar-15s-were-scared-confront-uvalde-shooter/

Bigun:
But none of them minded picking up their paychecks!  9999hair out0000

How they can live with themselves is beyond comprehension.

Kamaji:
:facepalm2:

mountaineer:
I wonder why they considered themselves outgunned, when several of them carried the same type of weapon.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on March 22, 2023, 06:42:55 pm ---I wonder why they considered themselves outgunned, when several of them carried the same type of weapon.

--- End quote ---
They weren't 'out gunned', they were...'OUT MANNED' and incapable of MANing up to do their jobs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version