Author Topic: Texas Tribune: Officers with AR-15s Were Scared to Confront Uvalde Shooter  (Read 770 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Tribune: Officers with AR-15s Were Scared to Confront Uvalde Shooter

AWR Hawkins 21 Mar 2023

A March 20, 2023, Texas Tribune report claims officers, many of whom were armed with AR-15s, were afraid to confront the lone Uvalde school attacker, who was allegedly armed with an AR-15.

The Tribune quotes numerous police officers from various departments explaining the reason they abandoned protocol for confronting mass shooters is that they heard other officers on the radio saying the attacker had an “AR-15” or an “AR.”

They note that Uvalde police department Sgt. Donald Page told investigators, “You knew that it was definitely an AR. There was no way of going in. … We had no choice but to wait and try to get something that had better coverage where we could actually stand up to him.”

The Tribune also points to a quote from former Uvalde police chief Pete Arredondo: “We’re gonna get scrutinized (for) why we didn’t go in there. I know the firepower he had, based on what shells I saw, the holes in the wall in the room next to his. … The preservation of life, everything around (the gunman), was a priority.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/03/21/texas-tribune-officers-ar-15s-were-scared-confront-uvalde-shooter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
But none of them minded picking up their paychecks!  9999hair out0000

How they can live with themselves is beyond comprehension.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

I wonder why they considered themselves outgunned, when several of them carried the same type of weapon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder why they considered themselves outgunned, when several of them carried the same type of weapon.
They weren't 'out gunned', they were...'OUT MANNED' and incapable of MANing up to do their jobs.

Offline mountaineer

They weren't 'out gunned', they were...'OUT MANNED' and incapable of MANing up to do their jobs.
It certainly does appear that way.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

Worse than that, they tried to keep others from doing what they failed to do...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Worse than that, they tried to keep others from doing what they failed to do...
You mean they didn't have even one flashbang? Set your stack, slide it in, take him down. Game over.  These guys had body armor, too, and the good stuff will stop .308.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

You mean they didn't have even one flashbang? Set your stack, slide it in, take him down. Game over.  These guys had body armor, too, and the good stuff will stop .308.

All I know is that if my kid was in there and the cops were on their ass, there would be no stopping me getting in there... A pickup with a cowcatcher would go right through the locked doors, and a pickup full of pissed off rednecks is a handful... And they would not be hard to find. Armor or not.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All I know is that if my kid was in there and the cops were on their ass, there would be no stopping me getting in there... A pickup with a cowcatcher would go right through the locked doors, and a pickup full of pissed off rednecks is a handful... And they would not be hard to find. Armor or not.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

The entire Uvalde police department was a jobs program for political hacks.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Toxic masculinity not found on that PD.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.