Author Topic: ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS Published March 22, 2023 6:50am EDT  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS Published March 22, 2023 6:50am EDT
« on: March 22, 2023, 12:31:32 pm »
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS Published March 22, 2023 6:50am EDT
Biden admin scaling back detention of illegal immigrants, even amid migrant surge
The Biden administration attempted to put a deportation moratorium on ICE in 2021
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Video shows release of Chinese migrants into US interior
New video shows the release of busloads of Chinese migrants into the U.S.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is scaling back its daily detention population of illegal immigrants, as well as its use of "alternatives to detention" -- even as the Department of Homeland Security is dealing with a historic surge in illegal migration at the border.

In its Congressional Budget Justification for fiscal 2024, President Biden's DHS provided a budget overview for ICE and included information about its plans to reduce its adult ADP -- or average daily population.

In FY 2023, the ADP was 34,000. In the justification, ICE says it will reduce that ADP by 9,000 to 25,000, at a cost of $157.20 per bed.

ICE said that funding for 25,000 beds would still maintain "ICE’s ability to effectively manage its current detainee population flows."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-scaling-back-detention-illegal-immigrants-even-amid-migrant-surge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson