Author Topic: Atmospheric water vapor (TPW) and climate change  (Read 106 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Atmospheric water vapor (TPW) and climate change
« on: March 22, 2023, 11:59:47 am »
Atmospheric water vapor (TPW) and climate change
6 hours ago Andy May 15 Comments
By Andy May

In the latest IPCC major report, AR6, they report: “a best estimate of equilibrium climate sensitivity of 3°C, with a very likely range of 2°C to 5°C”.[1] They also report that CO2 concentration might control climate change.[2] This estimate includes the laboratory estimate that CO2 alone, if doubled in the atmosphere, would increase the average global surface temperature about 1.2°C.[3] The remaining 1.8°C (60%) is supposedly achieved through feedbacks to the initial CO2-caused warming. The main proposed feedback mechanism is an increase in atmospheric water vapor caused by the CO2 warmed air.[4] Water vapor is a more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2, due to its greater abundance, and can cause more warming.[5]

The IPCC estimates the water vapor feedback using the Clausius-Clapeyron relation. The relation states that as temperature increases, more evaporation occurs and atmospheric water vapor increases, especially in the upper atmosphere.[6] Models suggest that relative humidity should remain “roughly constant,” as climate changes.[7] According to AR5 and AR6:

“… total column water vapour (TCWV) very likely increased since the 1970s, at a rate that was overall consistent with the Clausius-Clapeyron relationship (about 7% per °C) given the observed increase in atmospheric temperature.”

(IPCC 2021, p 330).
Later in the report they write this:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/21/atmospheric-water-vapor-tpw-and-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson