Author Topic: The UN’s ‘scientific’ climate report is nothing more than confected hysteria  (Read 294 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The UN’s ‘scientific’ climate report is nothing more than confected hysteria
Story by Matthew Lynn • Yesterday 1:37 PM

We are a minute from midnight. The clock is ticking. Time is running out, and we have only a few more years left to rescue the planet.

As the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was released on Monday, the cliches just about wrote themselves. We were treated to the usual confected hysteria, the calls for more and more government action, and even higher state spending, all designed to meet a target that is more or less arbitrary.

Here’s the problem, however. Few would disagree that climate change needs to be taken seriously, that carbon emissions should be dramatically reduced, and that pollution needs to be addressed. But the IPCC has been riven by splits, and plagued by delays that make HS2 look like a model of efficiency. Even worse, net zero is turning into an ideology, and one that, like most rigid belief systems, will waste resources on an epic scale while failing to even achieve its original goal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-un-s-scientific-climate-report-is-nothing-more-than-confected-hysteria/ar-AA18RgR2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=971b0bf4783444e08f262d5023fb8835&ei=30
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's their smokescreening to justify global dictatorship.

Global warming has gone full forward to becoming WMD's in Iraq.
The Republic is lost.

Online andy58-in-nh

It's their smokescreening to justify global dictatorship.

Global warming has gone full forward to becoming WMD's in Iraq.

They are a bit different, actually.

The purported existence of WMD's in Iraq was a failure of intelligence and relied on outdated information, both of which were used to justify an invasion that the President badly wanted to occur.

"Global warming" is a false premise dependent on the intentional politicization of science and an abuse of data toward a desired political outcome, which is rule by Global elites.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is the UN asking India and China to globally economically compete with one hand behind their backs, like they are asking the "rich" countries to do?

India just built the world's largest oil refinery while Americans are being asked to live like the Amish.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

All of this, not just science, but medicine, has been so bastardized by politics. No one knows what to believe anymore.

Both medicine  and science have a lot in common with the Spanish Inquisition. We’re not to the point where we burn science and medical heretics at the stake yet. We just cancel alternative viewpoints under the guise of “misinformation.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy