Author Topic: Former San Francisco DA Candidate Says It's No Big Deal If Your Stuff Is Stolen  (Read 258 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Former San Francisco DA Candidate Says It's No Big Deal If Your Stuff Is Stolen

Julio Rosas
March 20, 2023 2:00 PM

John Hamasaki, a radical progressive candidate who ran for San Francisco district attorney, downplayed the experience of recent victims of a robbery that took place in the city, where over $10,000 worth in equipment and passports were stolen out of a car.

Investor Snehal Antani revealed the member of his team was traumatized by the event and they will have to conduct safety briefs before someone goes to San Francisco. Smash and grabs have become an epidemic in the city, with some residents leaving trunks and windows open to show would-be robbers there is nothing to steal.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2023/03/20/san-francisco-da-candidate-tells-people-its-no-big-deal-if-your-stuff-is-stolen-n2620893
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like he's part of the Klaus Schwab school of 'You will own nothing and you will be happy.'
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

It's no coincidence that Dirty Harry took place in San Francisco.

You didn't see 1970s vigilante movies being shot in Branson, Missouri ... not enough crime and depravity for a movie script.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
////00000////

It's no coincidence that Dirty Harry took place in San Francisco.

You didn't see 1970s vigilante movies being shot in Branson, Missouri ... not enough crime and depravity for a movie script.

That is one movie that actually could be made today.  Plot is the same.  Liberal mayor and DA. No change in dialogue needed.  Add a few thousand homeless people on the streets for color.  I would bet people will flock to the theaters!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.