Author Topic: Biden will let California lead on electric trucks, despite industry protest  (Read 1744 times)

Online roamer_1

Back in the mid 80's I dropped a 11.25-1 compression poniac 455 I pulled from a buddies dirt track car and dropped it into a project car i was building.  The only thing the car would run on without severe detonation (in the summer Tampa heat) was racing fuel.   The other option was install a water injection system.  I don't remember the estimated cost of that but I opted not to do it.  Ended up pulling the heads off and slapped on some heads from a smog motor.  I could run it with 93 oct. with a can of lead booster from the auto parts store.

Anyway spraying water directly into the combustion chamber to cool certain parts prevents premature detonation.

Yep... Except alcohol encapsulates the water... so like Heet additive gets the water out of your gas in the winter, the alcohol delivers it to the chamber via the fuel, and makes for a softer punch.

I STILL have a 428 Pontiac interceptor motor from back in the day. It's up at my buddy Johnny's place, all sealed up, poured full of diesel, and ready to go...

Been looking for another vintage TA to put that in. Or a fabled 68 Bird...
I am a Pontiac guy all the way back.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yep... Except alcohol encapsulates the water... so like Heet additive gets the water out of your gas in the winter, the alcohol delivers it to the chamber via the fuel, and makes for a softer punch.

I STILL have a 428 Pontiac interceptor motor from back in the day. It's up at my buddy Johnny's place, all sealed up, poured full of diesel, and ready to go...

Been looking for another vintage TA to put that in. Or a fabled 68 Bird...
I am a Pontiac guy all the way back.

Pontiac guy here too.  Had every generation except the 1 gen.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

Pontiac guy here too.  Had every generation except the 1 gen.

SWEET. Never owned a TA... Or never kept one... Though that 428 came out of a bird... whatever they called a TA before TA... That was it. Interceptor edition...

Left that hugging a phone pole at 3 in the morning. bought it back on purpose for the motor which I had just built something like 3 weeks before....

That was my last Pontiac hot rod... But the family sedan was always a Catalina or a Bonneville, right to the very bitter end.

Chevy killed my beloved Chevelles, and GM buried my Pontiacs... Pretty much been in pickups ever since.  :shrug: **nononono*

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Do you have the facilities to generate your own fuel?
I will cross that bridge when I get to it. (I will not discuss options in that regard online).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis