Author Topic: GOP senator slams DOD for 'prioritizing' diversity initiatives over military investments  (Read 126 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP senator slams DOD for 'prioritizing' diversity initiatives over military investments
By Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter March 21, 2023 10:13 AM

Sen. Eric Schmitt (R-MO) is requesting internal information from the Department of Defense , accusing the government agency of prioritizing “woke” initiatives over military preparedness.

In a letter sent to Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin on Monday, Schmitt demanded answers over the department’s efforts to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion within its operations by adding positions solely dedicated to achieving those purposes. Schmitt specifically requested information on the DOD’s budget, pressing for answers on how much money defense officials allocate toward DEI-related positions .

“America’s adversaries will not be defeated by spending six figures to hire DEI administrators,” Schmitt said. “The Department of Defense’s prioritization of DEI weakens America’s ability to challenge our adversaries by diverting resources from military preparedness to woke training. The military must be focused on confronting threats abroad with overwhelming superiority, and not waging culture wars at home.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity/gop-senator-slams-dod-for-diversity-initiatives
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org