Author Topic: Joe Biden’s anti-Catholic shift on immigration  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden’s anti-Catholic shift on immigration
« on: March 21, 2023, 02:25:22 pm »
Joe Biden’s anti-Catholic shift on immigration
J. Kevin Appleby
March 20, 2023

During the 2020 campaign, presidential candidate Joe Biden called for immigration reform and a restoration of basic rights for immigrants, including the right to asylum and family unity. He offered his platform as a clear alternative to then-President Trump’s immigration policies, which featured the separation of children from their parents, the prosecution and criminalization of border crossers, and the immediate return of asylum seekers to Mexico. One of his first acts in office was to propose a comprehensive immigration reform bill; he also introduced an aid package to address the root causes of migration, especially from the Northern Triangle of Central America.

More than halfway into his term, however, President Biden has switched course on his campaign promises and has returned to some of the enforcement and deterrence policies that characterized the Trump administration.

In January, the Biden administration announced the application of Title 42—the obscure health regulation first deployed by Mr. Trump in order to turn back asylum seekers at the border during the Covid-19 pandemic—to vulnerable and persecuted populations such as Venezuelans, Haitians, Nicaraguans and Cubans.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2023/03/20/biden-asylum-ban-immigration-shift-244896
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson