Author Topic: Inducing illegal immigration should be a crime, 25 state attorneys general tell Supreme Court  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Inducing illegal immigration should be a crime, 25 state attorneys general tell Supreme Court
Justices scheduled to hear oral arguments in United States v. Helaman Hansen next week.

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
Updated: March 20, 2023 - 11:00pm

The attorneys general of 25 states have filed a petition with the U.S. Supreme Court asking it to protect a federal law that’s been used to prosecute those who “encourage” or “induce” illegal immigration.

The U.S. Supreme Court is scheduled to hear oral arguments in United States v. Helaman Hansen on March 27. The case is on appeal from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

The coalition led by Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen is urging the Supreme Court to reverse a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that struck down a part of 8 U.S. Code, which the federal government has used to prosecute illegal immigration-related cases.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/25-ags-inducing-illegal-immigration-should-be-crime
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The repeating waves of immigration is well coordinate and funded, with NGO's basically assisting the cartels to get their Cloward-Piven scenario.
The Republic is lost.