Author Topic: Biden administration opts against appealing Florida immigration case ruling  (Read 317 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden administration opts against appealing Florida immigration case ruling
The lawsuit was brought by Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody.
  migrants into the country while they await immigration proceedings. [ LYNNE SLADKY | AP ]
By
Michael WilnerMiami Herald
Ana CeballosTimes/Herald Tallahassee Bureau
Published Mar. 16|Updated Mar. 16

The Biden administration has declined to appeal a decision from last week that blocks a key Department of Homeland Security program that has helped the agency relieve migrant congestion at the U.S. southern border.

U.S. District Judge Kent Wetherell II, a Florida-based judge appointed by former President Donald Trump, issued the 109-page opinion last week, blaming President Joe Biden for the country’s border crisis and giving the government a week to appeal — a deadline that passed on Wednesday.

The parole program, called “parole + ATD,” has allowed the Department of Homeland Security to release tens of thousands of migrants into the country while they await immigration proceedings. The Department will now have to provide migrants full “Notices to Appear” instead of resorting to other alternatives to detention.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/03/16/biden-immigration-detention-moody-desantis-border-lawsuit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They won't fight the ruling, they'll just do what they always do with a ruling they don't like - ignore it. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson