Author Topic: Craigslist Craig Funded The Censorship-Industrial Complex To Silence Dissent Online  (Read 216 times)

Online mountaineer

Craigslist Craig Funded The Censorship-Industrial Complex To Silence Dissent Online
The Censorship-Industrial Complex represents the greatest threat to free speech online in living memory, and Craig Newmark is bankrolling it.
By: Eoin Lenihan
March 21, 2023

The billionaire founder of Craigslist, Craig Newmark, is using his fortune to further shape journalism into partisan activism to help Democrats win elections. He is the nation’s leading financier of the “mis”- and “disinformation” industries and is now the largest private stakeholder in America’s legacy journalism schools.

The most recent Twitter Files released by Matt Taibbi add a deeply disturbing new layer to the story. They show Newmark is at the very heart of an incestuous web of government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporate media institutions operating in concert to censor political opponents on social media. Newmark is financing the largest coordinated assault on American free speech in living memory.  ...

Taibbi gives examples of the Global Disinformation Index receiving funding from the government’s Global Engagement Centre (GEC) and Newsguard receiving funding from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). When the government is funding the NGOs whose job it is to push back on government censorship of free speech online, the outcomes are predictable.

To add another layer to this sordid story, the glue that binds this fusion of government, NGOs, and the media together are the billionaire investors funding the NGOs. Chief among these is Newmark. His fingerprints, and financial backing, are all over the Censorship-Industrial Complex. ...
Full story at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Pierre Omidyar of eBay, is becoming the next George Soros funding a whole host of censorship projects designed to silence Republicans and even independent free-speech proponents like Elon Musk.
Video: Pierre Omidyar, the Next George Soros

Pierre Omidyar is the founder of the multinational e-commerce corporation eBay, a philanthropist, and a financier of left-wing organizations, including investigative journalism projects. Omidyar is also a major funder of left-wing politics, such as $100,000 to the NeverTrump PAC, a group opposed to 2016 Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.  Omidyar is a donor to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

Omidyar has founded a network of nonprofits, including the Democracy Fund, the Democracy Fund Voice, and Omidyar Network Fund. Through them, he has given $213 million to various causes and organizations, including the Open Society Foundations, the Tides Foundation, the Center for Public Integrity, and the Center for Responsive Politics. ...
More: https://capitalresearch.org/article/video-pierre-omidyar-the-next-george-soros-repost/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Anybody who attempts to silence opponents is proof positive that they know they cannot win a head to head debate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO:
"Anybody who attempts to silence opponents is proof positive that they know they cannot win a head to head debate"

You're missing the point.
They don't care whether they win or lose "the debate" with you.
They just want to run their steamroller OVER you.
Rachel Corrie style...

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Pierre Omidyar of eBay, is becoming the next George Soros
funding a whole host of censorship projects
designed to silence Republicans and even independent free-speech proponents like Elon Musk.
More: https://capitalresearch.org/article/video-pierre-omidyar-the-next-george-soros-repost/

All these captains of the tech industry, like
the billionaire founder of Craigslist, Craig Newmark,
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg,
etc.
are NOT "independent entrepreneurs", like they would have you believe.
There were many other tech entrepreneurs
who also founded similar tech companies.

These captains of the Censorship-Industrial Complex
prevailed in the market because
the established financial community SELECTED them
to be given investment.
And UN-selected their competitors, starving them out of existence!

THESE entrepreneurs were selected because
they were willing to continue the financial community's
already established policies
of what ideology to promote, and what to censor.

The tech industry NEVER DID act independently!
It ALWAYS WAS just an additional tool in the arsenal of
the same old enemy who has been waging war against us
for at least two centuries - the international banksters!

They control governments (especially spying and law enforcement)
businesses (the more monopolistic, the better - for them!)
media ("news" and "entertainment" - both filled with propaganda)
education (through control by state and federal Departments of Education,
and through think tanks and private "charitable" foundations that CREATE policy)!

They try to control everything people think, say and do.
It's the same old battle that's been going on for centuries!
They just moved swiftly into the new arena of technology
as fast as it was created!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao