Author Topic: McCaul: We Can’t Make Weapons Fast Enough ‘to Protect the United States or our Allies’ and Don’t Hav  (Read 565 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCaul: We Can’t Make Weapons Fast Enough ‘to Protect the United States or our Allies’ and Don’t Have Deterrence in Taiwan

Ian Hanchett 20 Mar 2023

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) said that “we cannot make our weapons fast enough to protect the United States or our allies,” Taiwan isn’t prepared for an invasion by China, and the U.S. doesn’t have adequate deterrence on the island.

McCaul said, “Taiwan’s not prepared for this. I signed off on weapons three years ago, Maria, that have yet to go into [the] country. We have no deterrence, we have no joint military exercises with Taiwan. They are — unlike Ukraine, they’re incapable of fighting their own war if invaded.”

He added, “When we sell an ally or somebody like Taiwan our foreign military sales…why does it take three years? Why don’t we have any weapons systems in [the] country right now to provide a deterrent to Chairman Xi from invading? Because, the fact is, we don’t. And I don’t think [Secretary of State Tony Blinken] can answer that question other than to say our defense industrial base system is broken and we can’t make these weapons fast enough.”

McCaul concluded, “[T]he fact is, we can’t make these weapons fast enough, the new ones. And I think that’s part of the problem, that, it’s a little secret in Washington, Maria, a little well-kept secret that we cannot make our weapons fast enough to protect the United States or our allies, and that’s just the truth.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/20/mccaul-we-cant-make-weapons-fast-enough-to-protect-the-united-states-or-our-allies-and-dont-have-deterrence-in-taiwan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As i warned early on, after democrats weakened America as much as possible, they would then demand we get in to a global war we couldn't win.  Tick, tick,  Tick, tick, Tick, tick, Tick, tick, Tick, tick,
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Isn't Globalism and "Free Trade" just grand?  The Chi-coms knew the US Chamber of Commerce would help hollow out America's manufacturing capacity for slave labor and the never fulfilled promise of access to China markets.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Finally, someone said it.

Ukraine is far more important to Europe and the Middle East for their grain and natural gas, far less important to the US, yet we are doing the heavy lifting there.

Meanwhile Taiwan makes the bulk of the worlds chips, and a large number of manufacturing supply chains start there, as do the chips for the capital goods that build the stuff in the supply chain.

If China gets ahold of that or destroys it, the entire world economy is going to be in a world of hurt.

And the US can no longer fight a major two front war.
The Republic is lost.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Ukraine is far more important to Europe and the Middle East for their grain and natural gas, far less important to the US, yet we are doing the heavy lifting there.

Obviously, France, German, and Italy aren't providing nearly as much support as they should.  But other allies have stepped up.  By GDP, the Poles have provided more than anyone, including us, and are dramatically increasing their own military.  The Poles also showed up with combat troops in Afghanistan and Iraq when we were under the gun.  The British, Dutch, Slovaks, and Baltics also are doing their share, the frontline Finns also are arming up.

This isn't a situation where we're the only ones doing anything, and supporting a country that isn't all that interested in fighting on its own. The country we are supporting is fighting bravely and well, and other allies who see the Russian menace for what it is are chipping in to support.  We are not alone.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 03:25:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Obviously, France, German, and Italy aren't providing nearly as much support as they should.  But other allies have stepped up.  By GDP, the Poles have provided more than anyone, including us, and are dramatically increasing their own military.  The Poles also showed up with combat troops in Afghanistan and Iraq when we were under the gun.  The British, Dutch, Slovaks, and Baltics also are doing their share, the frontline Finns also are arming up.

This isn't a situation where we're the only ones doing anything, and supporting a country that isn't all that interested in fighting on its own. The country we are supporting is fighting bravely and well, and other allies who see the Russian menace for what it is are chipping in to support.  We are not alone.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Their contributions are welcome but tiny compared to the US. As I said we've done the heavy lifting.

Taiwan is still a far greater nat'l interest, that is if we don't want China controlling most of the world's supply chains.

The main countries of Europe need to take the leadership on this. They screw us on trade, bleed us for their security.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 08:15:09 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Their contributions are welcome but tiny compared to the US. As I said we've done the heavy lifting.

Taiwan is still a far greater nat'l interest, that is if we don't want China controlling most of the world's supply chains.

The main countries of Europe need to take the leadership on this. They screw us on trade, bleed us for their security.

Shockingly, the Poles, Greeks, Hungarians, Romanians, Spanish, and Swiss all have more tanks than either the Brits, French, Germans, or Italians.  Those countries had pretty much disarmed.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.php

The other thing you have to consider are the almost 10 million Ukrainian refugees being housed overwhelmingly in other European countries, who are picking up most of that cost themselves.

The Poles in particular have been absolutely essential, and not just on a per capita/GDP basis.  Brits and Dutch also have done a lot.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Meanwhile Taiwan makes the bulk of the worlds chips, and a large number of manufacturing supply chains start there, as do the chips for the capital goods that build the stuff in the supply chain.

If China gets ahold of that or destroys it, the entire world economy is going to be in a world of hurt.

And the US can no longer fight a major two front war.

Bill Clinton made sure that would never happen again. Every Dem president since has made sure our forces become more degraded every chance they get.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
McCaul: We Can’t Make Weapons Fast Enough ‘to Protect the United States or our Allies’ and Don’t Have Deterrence in Taiwan

Ian Hanchett 20 Mar 2023

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) said that “we cannot make our weapons fast enough to protect the United States or our allies,” Taiwan isn’t prepared for an invasion by China, and the U.S. doesn’t have adequate deterrence on the island.

McCaul said, “Taiwan’s not prepared for this. I signed off on weapons three years ago, Maria, that have yet to go into [the] country. We have no deterrence, we have no joint military exercises with Taiwan. They are — unlike Ukraine, they’re incapable of fighting their own war if invaded.”

He added, “When we sell an ally or somebody like Taiwan our foreign military sales…why does it take three years? Why don’t we have any weapons systems in [the] country right now to provide a deterrent to Chairman Xi from invading? Because, the fact is, we don’t. And I don’t think [Secretary of State Tony Blinken] can answer that question other than to say our defense industrial base system is broken and we can’t make these weapons fast enough.”

McCaul concluded, “[T]he fact is, we can’t make these weapons fast enough, the new ones. And I think that’s part of the problem, that, it’s a little secret in Washington, Maria, a little well-kept secret that we cannot make our weapons fast enough to protect the United States or our allies, and that’s just the truth.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/20/mccaul-we-cant-make-weapons-fast-enough-to-protect-the-united-states-or-our-allies-and-dont-have-deterrence-in-taiwan/

Hmmm  :pondering: I seem to recall saying something similar over the weekend and being told it wasn't so.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

Shockingly, the Poles, Greeks, Hungarians, Romanians, Spanish, and Swiss all have more tanks than either the Brits, French, Germans, or Italians.  Those countries had pretty much disarmed.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.php

The other thing you have to consider are the almost 10 million Ukrainian refugees being housed overwhelmingly in other European countries, who are picking up most of that cost themselves.

The Poles in particular have been absolutely essential, and not just on a per capita/GDP basis.  Brits and Dutch also have done a lot.

Why shouldn't they disarm? They have the USA to defend them.

Once the Ukrainians have pushed Russia out of their country it is well past time for the USA to end it's involvement with NATO. Russia is in the process of destroying itself. They won't have the manpower, or industrial capacity to fight anyone. All Russia will be able to do is serve their new master China and sell it all their resources.

I agree with McCaul that we need to straighten out our weapon making logistics, but I highly doubt China will try to invade Taiwan. China would need to cross a lot of ocean to get to the island. It's more likely that they will try to win electorally.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Frankly, what I see as greatest in our National Interest is getting off the 'Green' kick and restoring our ability to manufacture what we need, even if only setting up scalable facilities. We need to extract our own resources, and secure other supplies for the things that China is threatening.

That is chief among the things that make us weak or vulnerable. It will require some serious reversal of policies that have been decades in the making.

It can be done with greater efficiency and cleaner than ever, but now is the time to start.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Frankly, what I see as greatest in our National Interest is getting off the 'Green' kick and restoring our ability to manufacture what we need, even if only setting up scalable facilities. We need to extract our own resources, and secure other supplies for the things that China is threatening.

That is chief among the things that make us weak or vulnerable. It will require some serious reversal of policies that have been decades in the making.

It can be done with greater efficiency and cleaner than ever, but now is the time to start.

Problem is that tech has advanced so much that capital goods to make and do things are now chip dependent. And with Taiwan making most of them, that puts a big crimp on industry if they are taken off the table, and will exacerbate the current situation we are in due to much being 'over there.'

If China does manage to take over Taiwan without scorch earthing their chip industry, they own us and alot of others. We play ball with them or they cut us off. Taiwan's chips are yet another existing bottlenecked vulnerability of US industry.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 12:28:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
This is the promised utopia the democrats promised.  Sad so many clueless fools fell for it, and many still do!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
This is the promised utopia the democrats promised.  Sad so many clueless fools fell for it, and many still do!

What Marxists do best - the old tricky dicky bait and switcharooney.
The Republic is lost.