General Category > Health/Education

University paper, faculty decry legislation to protect children from underage sex changes

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
University paper, faculty decry legislation to protect children from underage sex changes
In response to legislation that seeks to protect biological women being passed in Iowa, members of the University of Iowa community accused the bill of being 'anti-LGBTQ.'

State Senator Cherielynn Westrich, however, told Campus Reform that the bill aims to protect all children and is not targeting the LGBTQ community.

Logan Dubil '23 | Senior Pennsylvania Campus Correspondent
March 20, 2023, 6:00 pm

Recently passed legislation in Iowa has caught the attention of members of the University of Iowa (UI), who called it out for being "anti-LGBTQ." A state senator, however, spoke with Campus Reform about misconceptions surrounding her bill.

On Mar. 7, Senate File 482 was passed by the Iowa Senate, a piece of legislation that prohibits "persons from entering single and multiple occupancy restrooms or changing areas and other facilities in elementary and secondary schools that do not correspond with the person’s biological sex."

https://campusreform.org/article?id=21558

Free Vulcan:
The University of Iowa aka Berzerkeley on the Prairie. Even Ithaca gives them a hat tip for their woke Marxism.

The Iowa Legislature has been kicking some tail this session. I had not heard of this, happy that we are joining up with other states doing the same.

LMAO:
I never thought I would live to see the day that we actually have to pass legislation to protect children from life altering surgery

And I never thought I would see the day that a major political party oppose legislation to stop that

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: LMAO on March 21, 2023, 11:31:04 am ---I never thought I would live to see the day that we actually have to pass legislation to protect children from life altering surgery

And I never thought I would see the day that a major political party oppose legislation to stop that

--- End quote ---

It's truly bizarre.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version