Author Topic: Washington Post Bemoans Iowa's 'Sharp Right Turn' to 'Florida of the North'  (Read 286 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
Remember how the Washington Post complained when the purple California turned solidly blue? Oh, you don't remember that? Well, that is because it never happened. However, when a formerly purple state turns red, as is the case with Iowa, the Washington Post can be counted to go into full whine mode over it as happened on Monday in a story by Annie Gowen "Iowa’s sharp right turn: From centrist state to ‘Florida of the North'."

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2023/03/21/washington-post-bemoans-iowas-sharp-right-turn-florida-north
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Iowa has veered so far to the right in recent years that its political landscape is virtually unrecognizable from the centrist place that chose Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 and was one of the earliest states in the country to affirm same-sex marriage. A joke among statehouse reporters is that Iowa is becoming the “Florida of the North” — without the beaches.

Technically we do have beaches if you count the sand bottoms of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.

It took many decades and tons of hard work, but things have arrived where many of us could only dream about all those years ago.
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
WOKE fanatics find useful fools everywhere, its so obvious a blind man can see it!  The not blind brain dead, eventually open their eyes and see what there is to see.  The wicked cry buckets of tears.
 22222frying pan :smokin: 22222frying pan
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Iowa is only being noticed because of its configuation in the primary/caucus cycle.

Based on Pedo Joe's destrucitve policies, I think the WaPo cretins will find that there is a lot more right turning everywhere across the nation.

At least outside the NE, and the West Coast.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just deplorables....and corn.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish claims:
"Based on Pedo Joe's destrucitve policies, I think the WaPo cretins will find that there is a lot more right turning everywhere across the nation.
At least outside the NE, and the West Coast."

Has Wisconsin "turned right"?
Has Michigan "turned right"?
Has Pennsylvania "turned right"?
Has Arizona "turned right"?
Has Georgia "turned right"?

Without these states, it's likely that NO Republican will win in 2024.