Author Topic: Column: The humanitarian horror that ‘electrify everything’ would unleash  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Column: The humanitarian horror that ‘electrify everything’ would unleash
March 14, 20236:45 AM Terry Etam7 Comments

Standing on the train platform the other day, after work, a chilling event happened, and I’m not just referring to the weather, although there was that. It was one of those dull but frigid days when standing still, waiting, on concrete, leaves a person daydreaming not of mansions and fast cars and alluring holidays but of crawling under a pile of blankets.

The cheerful Calgary Transit voice comes over the speaker system to tell us the temperature, and that it’s cloudy. Shut up. We know. We’re waiting outside. For YOUR train.

The next message emanating from the loudspeaker shed the cheerfulness for slightly nervous solemnity. Northbound trains were not operating because of an electrical outage. Not ‘running late’ – not running at all. A few hundred red-cheeked and startled faces crammed on the platform turned to each other in search of guidance, of which there was none, then began moving in tiny circles as they weighed the absence of good alternatives with the prospect of freezing their feet to blackened stumps by standing still out there for too long.

You think I’m exaggerating, you try it.

https://boereport.com/2023/03/14/column-the-humanitarian-horror-that-electrify-everything-would-unleash/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There is no intent to electrify everything. The very top of society will be electrified, you are expected to die Mr. Bond.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

The problem is that the infrastructure can not handle the energy requirements we already have. How do they expect to meet future requirements?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.