Author Topic: Plastic rocks were found on a remote island and we should be horrified  (Read 373 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Plastic rocks were found on a remote island and we should be horrified
Story by Joshua Hawkins • Sunday

Melted plastic has become ingrained in rocks on a remote island in Brazil. Trinidade Island has long been an intriguing location for scientists. However, the discovery of plastic rocks, where plastic fish netting has melted into the rocks, has many scientists questioning how extensive humanity’s effect on Earth’s geological cycles has become.

Trinidade Island might be a remote island in Brazil, but it isn’t a forgotten place. This island is one of the most important conservation spots for green turtles, with thousands of the creatures arriving each year to lay their eggs. As such, the only inhabitants of this island are the Brazilian navy, which has a base and helps protect the turtles. Because of its lack of human interference, the discovery of plastic rocks is most concerning.

Fernanda Avelar Santos, a geologist at the Federal University of Parana, told Reuters that the location where the rocks with the plastic melted into them were discovered is a “permanently preserved area in Brazil.” Further, the plastic is mostly fishing nets, which is a common type of debris found on Trinidade’s beaches. However, the nets melt into the rocks when the temperature rises, creating strange plastic rocks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/plastic-rocks-were-found-on-a-remote-island-and-we-should-be-horrified/ar-AA18P3Iy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5f9ce9e640fd459eacea5404f4db3867&ei=42
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Judge for yourself.
"Melted in"?
"Plastic" rocks?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Judge for yourself.
"Melted in"?
"Plastic" rocks?

Yeah. "Fisheries' debris" just wasn't enough hype.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: The Earth Plus Plastic. The Earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the Earth. The Earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the Earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

"Plastic… a__shole.”

-George Carlin

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah. "Fisheries' debris" just wasn't enough hype.
Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of fishing boats blurred and cropped out in this picture taken on a 'remote' island?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of fishing boats blurred and cropped out in this picture taken on a 'remote' island?
But...but...you aren't supposed to look at the background!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji