Author Topic: EV batteries lack repairability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions  (Read 332 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EV batteries lack repairability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions
Story by Lawrence Richard • Yesterday 3:40 AM

Ascratched or slightly damaged electric battery might be enough for some insurers to write off entire cars, as for many electric vehicles there is no way to repair battery packs after collisions.

As a result, the consumer — who likely acquired an electric vehicle wanting to reduce monthly costs — faces higher premiums and some countries are starting to see electric vehicle batteries piling up in scrapyards, according to Reuters.

Matthew Avery, research director at automotive risk intelligence company Thatcham Research, said the goal of electric vehicles was sustainability, but the inability to be repaired is creating a whole new problem.

"We're buying electric cars for sustainability reasons," Avery said, Reuters reported. "But an EV isn't very sustainable if you've got to throw the battery away after a minor collision."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ev-batteries-lack-reparability-leading-some-insurers-to-junk-whole-cars-after-even-minor-collisions/ar-AA18PY1r?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5f9ce9e640fd459eacea5404f4db3867&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Right_in_Virginia

Short-circuited the batteries

"PRO TIP: Don’t transport electric cars on top of a container ship in rough water exposed to the elements. ⚡️🔥" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/amuse/status/1638130362361454593

Online DefiantMassRINO

Someone should let them know that saltwater is highly corrosive.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"EV batteries lack repairability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions"

"Sustainable" technology...

Offline mountaineer

"EV batteries lack repairability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions"
Whereupon you remove the battery and all the other electrical junk, and turn it into a very large planter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
42 Trending Electric Car Batteries Refurbisher Businesses [2023]

Starter Story by Pat Walls  January 18th, 2023

Electric vehicle refurbishing involves repairing the failed battery so it can be placed back in the vehicle or sold as a second-hand EV battery.

EV refurbishing offers electric vehicle owners a cheaper option compared to the cost of replacing the failed battery. As electric vehicles become popular, the demand for battery refurbishing services will increase because not every EV owner might afford battery replacement.

Therefore, starting the EV battery refurbish business might offer significant profit margins.

Looking for some examples of a electric car batteries refurbisher?

Trending Electric Car Batteries Refurbisher Businesses

1.   1. LUCID
2.   2. Proterra
3.   4. MYEV.com
4.   5. ElectricScooterParts.com
5.   6. DIY Electric Car Forums
6.   7. ClipperCreek
7.   8. Schumacher Electric
8.   9. Greentec Auto
9.   10. Custom Golf Carts and Accessories, and eMoke electric cars shipped nationwide
10.   11. Battery Reconditioning Lab
11.   12. Home
12.   ... [show all 39]

More: https://www.starterstory.com/ideas/electric-car-batteries-refurbishing-business/businesses