Author Topic: Biden issues first veto of his presidency over influence from 'MAGA Republicans'  (Read 373 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden issues first veto of his presidency over influence from 'MAGA Republicans'
Anders Hagstrom

President Biden vetoed a bill for the first time in his presidency on Monday, arguing the legislation was overly influenced by "MAGA Republicans."

The Republican-led legislation prevented Biden's administration from taking environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into account when making investment decisions. GOP lawmakers argue ESG is a measure of a corporation's loyalty to "woke" cultural movements and should not be taken into account.

"I just vetoed my first bill. This bill would risk your retirement savings by making it illegal to consider risk factors MAGA House Republicans don't like. Your plan manager should be able to protect your hard-earned savings — whether Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene likes it or not," Biden announced in a Monday tweet.

The bill specifically ended enforcement of a new Labor Department rule urging private retirement plan fiduciaries to consider ESG in their investment decisions.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-issues-first-veto-presidency-influence-maga-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Coming on the Heels of the second largest bank collapse in US History, which occurred due to a lack of risk assessment of ESG portfolios, this indicates the money laundering has just begun.

Welcome to the Looting of America V. 2.0
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

The demented old fool's near-constant blathering about MAGA Republicans should be considered a form of weakness - and/or a sign of fear.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Coming on the Heels of the second largest bank collapse in US History, which occurred due to a lack of risk assessment of ESG portfolios, this indicates the money laundering has just begun.

Welcome to the Looting of America V. 2.0

And read his nonsensical reason for VETOing it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

President Biden
@POTUS
United States government official
I just vetoed my first bill.
This bill would risk your retirement savings by making it illegal to consider risk factors MAGA House Republicans don't like.
Your plan manager should be able to protect your hard-earned savings — whether Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene likes it or not.
12:55 PM · Mar 20, 2023

Jason Willick
@jawillick
Biden calls Tester, Manchin, Romney, Collins “MAGA Republicans”
5:49 PM · Mar 20, 2023

Jason Willick
@jawillick
You can vote to convict Trump in an impeachment trial. You can even be a Democrat! It won’t stop you from becoming a ‘MAGA Republican’ if you ever don’t agree with Biden’s agenda.
5:54 PM · Mar 20, 2023
Willick is a WashPost columnist.  :pondering:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 10:53:31 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

Senator Ted Cruz
@SenTedCruz
Of course Biden’s first veto is one that will allow woke financial institutions to put the pursuit of left-wing political policies above the financial security of American seniors and families.
6:57 PM · Mar 20, 2023

Offline mountaineer

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays
ESG is so obviously bad for America that Biden's veto of an anti-ESG bill looks like a favor to China. All that "good faith seed money" the Biden Crime Family accepted from China is starting to make sense.

Reciprocity.

Biden can't even explain why the veto makes sense.
9:02 AM · Mar 21, 2023

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Years of you CAN'T BLAME BIDEN for anything, BUT YOU CAN BLAME TRUMP FOR EVERYTHING, is beginning to penetrate even the thick skulled lock-stepper stooges.
Remember anything thing Biden does has to be better than anything Trump did!  You wanted it, you demanded it, you got it!  Now live or die by it WOKE stooges!
 :smokin: 22222frying pan :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I should be able to make informed choices about where to save and invest MY money.

If these ESG folks want to save the world, nothing is stopping them from using their own money.

Undisclosed ESG investing is fraud and theft.

Feduciaries have obligations to their clients and customers, not to fulfilling limousine bleeding heart liberal ideals by fraudulently stealing other people's money.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright