Author Topic: Iraq War veterans refuse to be defined by a war they didn’t lose  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iraq War veterans refuse to be defined by a war they didn’t lose
By Sarah Sicard
 Friday, Mar 17

On Sept. 4, 2006, Patrick Murray’s Humvee rolled over a roadside bomb in Fallujah, Iraq, while he was serving with the 1st Battalion, 25th Marines.

That morning began with an explosion and ended with one.

A rumbling sound startled him awake near sunrise. He’d come to learn that was the sound of a Humvee from his platoon striking an improvised explosive device. The blast claimed the lives of two Marines and a Navy Corpsman and wounded another Marine.

The day’s mission concerned finding those who did it and recovering those lost.

“We spent the next few hours chasing down some of the folks that were responsible for it and pulling security so that the Mortuary Affairs unit could come and retrieve the Humvee and as much of their remains as they could to make sure that our friends got back,” he said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/03/17/iraq-war-veterans-refuse-to-be-defined-by-a-war-they-didnt-lose/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson