Author Topic: NH's Governor Asks Feds To Step Up Border Patrol With Canada Or He'll Do It Himself  (Read 186 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NH's Governor Asks Feds To Step Up Border Patrol With Canada Or He'll Do It Himself
Sununu requested the Biden Administration to step up patrols of New Hampshire's 51-mile Canadian border or else state, local police will.

Posted Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 11:43 am ET

By PAULA TRACY, InDepthNH

CONCORD, NH — Gov. Chris Sununu is asking the Biden Administration to step up its patrol of New Hampshire’s 51-mile border with Canada or he will do it with a $1.4 million budget priority he has proposed to use state and local law enforcement.

It comes during a steep rise in illegal crossing attempts in recent months and after a Mexican man died on the U.S. border near Derby, Vermont, on Feb. 19 in a failed attempt to reach the United States.

Sununu wrote to the U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, Alejandro Mayorkas, Monday following a conversation Sununu said the two had over the past weekend to address the “alarming rise” in illegal border crossings and a need to step up efforts.

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/across-nh/nhs-governor-asks-feds-step-border-patrol-canada-or-hell-do-it-himself
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The FedGov has plenary power over border enforcement in the Constitution, but if they fail to do so does a State have the authority to?

Not sure it's ever been tested in court. I personally would like to see that defined.
The Republic is lost.