Author Topic: US immigration agents arrest Caribbean nationals in nationwide operation  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US immigration agents arrest Caribbean nationals in nationwide operation

Mar 19, 2023 10:52 am

In this October 22, 2018 photo, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents surround anddetain a person during a raid in Richmond, Virginia. (Photo: AP)
WASHINGTON (CMC) – The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency says officers from its Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) have apprehended Caribbean nationals among 220 removable noncitizens during a nationwide enforcement effort.

On Friday, ICE said that nationals from Cuba and Trinidad and Tobago were arrested in the immigration sweep between March 4 and March 13.

“Officials identified the noncitizens as having been convicted of crimes such as domestic violence, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, burglary, unlawful possession or use of a firearm, drug distribution or trafficking, or driving under the influence; or as those who were released from incarceration on parole or placed on community probation under supervision,” said ICE in a statement.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latest-news/us-immigration-agents-arrest-caribbean-nationals-in-nationwide-operation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson