Author Topic: Border Patrol suffered 17 suicides last year, union blames ‘failing' Biden policies, hardship  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol suffered 17 suicides last year, union blames ‘failing' Biden policies, hardship

“Morale is significantly down,” the National Border Patrol Council vice president said. “Our agents are frustrated that we’re babysitters,” he said, referring to being tasked with processing and releasing illegal foreign nationals into the U.S. instead of deporting them, securing the border and thwarting cartel activity – tasks they’re trained to perform.

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
Updated: March 17, 2023 - 12:30am

Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council, testified before Congress about the hardships Border Patrol agents are experiencing.

Last year was especially hard, he said, with 17 agents committing suicide.

“To put that in perspective,” he said, the New York Police Department’s roughly 35,000-man force, they lost 4 to suicide.

“We see a lot of stuff out there that the average person doesn’t see. What hits folks the hardest is what happens with the children,” he said, referring to human trafficking and unaccompanied young children being brought across.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/border-patrol-union-failing-biden-policies-hardships-result-17-suicides
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson