Author Topic: Stanford Law students that shouted down federal judge demand reporter hide their names and obscure t  (Read 446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 20, 2023
Stanford Law students that shouted down federal judge demand reporter hide their names and obscure their faces
By Thomas Lifson

Apparently, you don’t have to be that bright to get into Stanford’s law school, formerly regarded as highly competitive and demanding in its legal education. The budding totalitarians there who don’t believe in free speech for people with whom they disagree also apparently believe that they have to right to control news coverage of their heinous acts.  Are they ashamed of what they did, or do they just worry that they may not be able to cash in after graduation with lucrative offers or prestigious clerkships?

Washington Free Beacon reporter Aaron Sibarium “appeared Sunday on Fox News and shared his blunt response to "hypocritical" Stanford Law School students who have demanded their names be removed from his reporting about their controversial activism.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/stanford_law_students_that_shouted_down_federal_judge_demand_reporter_hide_their_names_and_obscure_their_faces.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And these people are Law Students?  OMG.  Maybe Chatcbt AI passing the Bar isn't bad after all.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Hypocrites at the very least.

From the article:
The WFB summarizes:

"They didn't just shout down a sitting federal judge," Sibarium explained to Fox & Friends Weekend co-host Will Cain. "They also posted the names and faces of ... every [Federalist Society] board member ... around the school in a concerted effort to shame their peers and pressure them out of hosting the event. And then those exact same students emailed me to say, 'Oh, by naming us in the story, you're ginning up harassment.' So, it's really quite hypocritical."

Last week, Lily Bou claimed in a message to the Free Beacon that Sibarium had no right to quote her and other board members of Stanford's chapter of the National Lawyers Guild—which helped organize the protest against Duncan—praising the protesters' conduct as "Stanford Law School at its best." Mary Cate Hickman insisted the Free Beacon "anonymize" footage of a follow-up student protest of Stanford Law School dean Jenny Martinez over her apology to Duncan.

They really all should be expelled from the school.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If this is what they want they need to go practice law in Communist China.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LadyLiberty

:amen:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hypocrites at the very least.

If they did that all that would be left is Tenured Faculty and Administrators.  That would be a tuff salary nut to cover from the alumni endowment funds.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Matt Taibbi
@mtaibbi

This is quite a stirring letter in defense of free speech and against political orthodoxy by Stanford Law School Dean Jenny Martinez:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Online mountaineer

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Dean Tirien Steinbach is on leave

https://twitter.com/sfmcguire79/status/1638563239641399297

Good for the Dean.  Surprised she did it, but I'll bet the back-channel blowback from federal judges and some lawyers was pretty intense.

Online mountaineer

Stanford Law Disruptions Were Orchestrated by the National Lawyers Guild
Alan Dershowitz
5 hr ago

It turns out that the disruption by several dozen Stanford University law school students of a speech to be given by federal judge Kyle Duncan was not a spontaneous exercise of freedom to protest.

It was a well-planned and carefully orchestrated effort to prevent other Stanford students from hearing the judge's conservative views. The disruption was organized by the local chapter of National Lawyers Guild as part of a nationwide effort to suppress conservative speech. Although not all the participants were associated with the NLG, the main organizers were. The Guild praised "every single person" who participated in the disruption, and called it "Stanford Law School at its best," suggesting it would confront "judicial architects of systems of oppression" with "social consequences for their actions." Here the consequences went beyond "social" to censorial.

Let us understand what the National Lawyers Guild is. Begun in the 1930s as an alternative to the American Bar Association, its original membership consisted of traditional left-wing liberals and communists. After Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union made the notorious Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact in 1939, most of the liberals resigned. Adolf Berle, a prominent "New Dealer," quit because it had become obvious that the Guild "is not prepared to take any stand which conflicts with the Communist Party line." ...
Dershowitz Newsletter

I remember my first day at law school there was info about joining the NLG. After I read it, I thought, "This is some kind of communist group! No, thanks."  :laugh:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yeah, NLG is hard Marxist.  Even most of the normal lefties wanted nothing to do with them at.my school.