Author Topic: McCarthy calls for no protests or violence if Trump is arrested  (Read 342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy calls for no protests or violence if Trump is arrested
Andrew Solender

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Sunday he wants no protests or violence if former President Trump is indicted or arrested.

Why it matters: Media reports and the former president's own comments signal that an indictment from the Manhattan district attorney's office could be imminent, with Trump urging supporters to "[p]rotest, take our nation back!"

Driving the news: At a press conference to kick off House Republicans' annual retreat in Orlando, Florida, McCarthy told reporters: "I don't think people should protest this, no."

The House speaker also defended Trump, arguing he "doesn't believe that either" and is "not talking in a harmful way," though he said the two of them haven't actually spoken about the matter.
    "Nobody should harm one another in this. ... We want calmness out there," McCarthy said. "I do not believe there should be any violence [in response] to this."

The intrigue: McCarthy joins a surprising hardline House Republican also discouraging protests — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.).

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/19/mccarthy-urges-no-protests-violence-if-trump-arrested
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Re: McCarthy calls for no protests or violence if Trump is arrested
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 05:52:58 pm »
McCarthy calls for no protests or violence if Trump is arrested
Andrew Solender

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Sunday he wants no protests or violence if former President Trump is indicted or arrested.

Why it matters: Media reports and the former president's own comments signal that an indictment from the Manhattan district attorney's office could be imminent, with Trump urging supporters to "[p]rotest, take our nation back!"

Driving the news: At a press conference to kick off House Republicans' annual retreat in Orlando, Florida, McCarthy told reporters: "I don't think people should protest this, no."

The House speaker also defended Trump, arguing he "doesn't believe that either" and is "not talking in a harmful way," though he said the two of them haven't actually spoken about the matter.
    "Nobody should harm one another in this. ... We want calmness out there," McCarthy said. "I do not believe there should be any violence [in response] to this."

The intrigue: McCarthy joins a surprising hardline House Republican also discouraging protests — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.).

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/19/mccarthy-urges-no-protests-violence-if-trump-arrested

im betting that there are a LOT of crazies who wont listen to anything suggesting peasceful  and orderly behavior

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 05:44:07 am »
im betting that there are a LOT of crazies who wont listen to anything suggesting peasceful  and orderly behavior
I'm betting on a slew of false flag operators and Federal Informants and hired protestors to make an incident, whether any Trump supporters show or not.

And that's because I believe that a lot of 1/6 was Federal Agents/hirelings, agents provocateur and ANTIFAs pulling a false flag op.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 09:50:49 am »
I'm betting on a slew of false flag operators and Federal Informants and hired protestors to make an incident, whether any Trump supporters show or not.

And that's because I believe that a lot of 1/6 was Federal Agents/hirelings, agents provocateur and ANTIFAs pulling a false flag op.

That's where I wish state AG's would chime in and say if we catch you doing this to our citizens, you will spend a long time in jail. If anyone gets killed because of your actions, you get the needle.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 10:09:27 am »
That's where I wish state AG's would chime in and say if we catch you doing this to our citizens, you will spend a long time in jail. If anyone gets killed because of your actions, you get the needle.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis