Author Topic: GOP-led House panel to use investigative powers and ‘respond’ to possible Trump indictment  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP-led House panel to use investigative powers and ‘respond’ to possible Trump indictment
Heather Hamilton

The GOP-led House Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government is set to ramp up investigations into President Joe Biden's family and the use of federal funds by Manhattan’s Democratic District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

The panel, led by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH), “is expected to respond” to Bragg’s possible indictment of former President Donald Trump with an investigation and possible hearings, according to a report.

On Sunday, while at the House Republican retreat in Orlando, Florida, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) asserted Republicans would investigate the use of federal funds by Bragg. McCarthy noted that an announcement from Jordan’s panel could be expected Monday.

Trump predicted that he was going to be arrested as early as Tuesday in a post on his social media platform Truth Social on Saturday, calling the Manhattan District Attorney's Office "corrupt and highly political."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/house-gop-panel-respond-potential-trump-indictment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How are those debt ceiling and budget cut things coming along?

Does the Sedition Cacaus plan on playing their fiddles as my retirement savings burn?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

How are those debt ceiling and budget cut things coming along?

Does the Sedition Cacaus plan on playing their fiddles as my retirement savings burn?

Not well to the first question and yes to the second
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Seeks Testimony from Manhattan DA in Anticipation of ‘Unprecedented Abuse’ of Authority Against Trump
Ashley Oliver

Republicans on top House investigative committees requested testimony Monday from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg after former President Donald Trump announced Saturday that he expected to be arrested this week in connection with an investigation Bragg’s office has been conducting.

Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), Oversight Committee chairman Rep. James Comer (R-KY), and Administration Committee chairman Rep. Bryan Steil (R-WI) penned a letter to Bragg in anticipation of the possible indictment, demanding numerous documents from Bragg and asking that he contact them by March 23 to schedule a transcribed interview with them.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/20/jordan-comer-steil-seek-testimony-from-manhattan-da-in-anticipation-of-unprecedented-abuse-of-authority-against-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34