Author Topic: The state of the U.S. Navy amid a massive Chinese naval buildup  (Read 113 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The state of the U.S. Navy amid a massive Chinese naval buildup
Story by Norah O'Donnell • Yesterday 7:37 PM

The United States Navy helped secure victory in two world wars and the Cold War. Today the Navy remains a formidable fighting force, but even officers within the service have questioned its readiness.

While the U.S. spent 20 years fighting land wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Pentagon watched China, its greatest geopolitical rival of the 21st century, build the largest navy in the world. China has threatened to use that navy to invade Taiwan, an important American ally.

As tensions with China continue to rise, we wanted to know more about the current state of the U.S. Navy, and how it's trying to deter China, while preparing for the possibility of war.

Admiral Samuel Paparo: The Navy's always on alert. One third of the Navy is always deployed and operating at all times. The Navy's mustering right now about 300 ships, and there are about 100 ships at sea right now all around the globe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-state-of-the-u-s-navy-amid-a-massive-chinese-naval-buildup/ar-AA18PftD?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4ab5dc92cea74f34a3f9cf27f6d360c6&ei=10
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson