Author Topic: Scientists Around The World Are Wrong  (Read 301 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Scientists Around The World Are Wrong
« on: March 19, 2023, 09:50:00 pm »
https://imagetolink.com/ib/CjKqTnsExl

Periodic Tables of the Elements*

(Try as I might, I can never post an image here.  Very frustrating.)

Orderliness.
It is the foundation of our world, our universe, and discovering the orderliness and profound fortuitous interdependencies has been the objective of scientists since the ancients.  It is the height of irony that scientists the world over have, for 150 years, overlooked the disorderly name of science’s greatest, best known icon, the *Periodic Table of the Elements.*

Origin
In 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev introduced his “Periodic System” of organizing the fifty-six elements then known.  Since his discovery, his original name for it was distorted and has remained so ever since.

Conformity
Through force of habit, and conformity, both of which are inimical to science, hundreds of millions of scientists, professors, teachers and technicians have turned blind eyes to the grammatical and scientific error implicit in “The  Table.”  It is this:  Adjectives modify the noun immediately following. 
Hence we do not say “The black man’s eye,” but “The man’s black eye.”   Every scientific paper that is published is rigorously examined and corrected for grammar.  Not so “The Table.”

Periodicity
Mendeleev called it the “periodic system”.   The system (of elements) is periodic. Unfortunately, this devolved into a *Periodic Table*, which is not.  It is the elements which are periodic.
The correct term is The Table of Periodic Elements.

It is inexcusable that this glaring scientific error has been overlooked for perhaps 150 years, by hundreds of millions of scholars, because “that’s the way we’ve always done it”.  Scholars are currently discussing reorganization options for the Table.  There could be no better time to change its formal name for grammatical and scientific accuracy.  It is the scholarly thing to do.
“Heavier than air human flight is impossible.” – Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, 1895
"Science advances one funeral at a time." - Max Planck, Nobel Laureate in Physics

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”   – George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
Call me unreasonable.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:58:47 pm by ChemEngrMBA »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Scientists Around The World Are Wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 12:46:47 am »
Many views, not one comment.  Hmmmm. Porquoi, on se-demande.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 01:00:47 am »
The Table of Periodic Elements   (appearing or occurring at intervals)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 01:10:41 am by Texas Yellow Rose »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 01:25:58 am »
Many views, not one comment.  Hmmmm. Porquoi, on se-demande.

Some of us are having war like flashbacks of our Organic Chem classes.   :scared smiley:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 01:28:12 am »
And we still don't know how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :pondering:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 05:13:56 pm »
The Table of Periodic Elements   (appearing or occurring at intervals)

Thank you for giving me the format. I hope I can duplicate it for other images.  You my new bes fren....