Author Topic: Marine Corps Commandant Gen. David Berger says there's 'zero evidence' DEI training distracts from r  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MARINES Published March 16, 2023 1:37pm EDT
Marine Corps Commandant Gen. David Berger says there's 'zero evidence' DEI training distracts from readiness

Gen David Berger argued that if diversity, equity and inclusion programs were a problem, Marine Corps retention would be down

'Woke' Defense Department DEI education official's books now in one third of Pentagon schools: Gov't watchdog

Adam Andrzejewski, the CEO and founder of OpentheBooks.com, says controversial books co-authored or contributed to by Kelisa Wing -- chief equity, diversity and inclusion at the Department of Defense Education Activity – are in 49 Pentagon schools

The United States Marine Corps commandant responded to criticisms levied by Republican lawmakers that diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) training are harming military readiness, saying he has seen "zero evidence" that is true.

Gen. David Berger was interviewed at a Defense One conference Thursday, where reporter Caitlin Kenney asked him to respond to lawmakers who have raised concerns that so-called "woke" DEI programs are having a negative impact on preparedness. Berger denied that was the case.

"At the end of the day, the goal is to make sure that the unit is prepared for combat. That's why we have a Marine Corps — to try and prevent a conflict, and if one comes, to make sure that we win it. So, building cohesive teams is part of that," Berger said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marine-corps-commandant-gen-david-berger-zero-evidence-dei-training-distracts-readiness
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There have been no fatalities from constipation in the past 20 years which is a good sign, too, especially involving people of color. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Instead of training to fight, you're training to "fight"...right, not a "distraction".   :whistle: *****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Berger's an idiot and the USMC's worst commandant in recent history.

He's lying BTW...

Tough Military Recruiting Environment is About More than Low Unemployment, Experts Say

https://news.usni.org/2022/12/01/tough-military-recruiting-environment-is-about-much-more-than-low-unemployment-experts-say#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThe%20Marine%20Corps%20is%20struggling,%2C%E2%80%9D%20Marine%20Corps%20commandant%20Gen.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus