Author Topic: The Army Is Putting All Its Network Efforts Under One Roof  (Read 98 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Is Putting All Its Network Efforts Under One Roof
« on: March 19, 2023, 03:29:51 pm »
The Army Is Putting All Its Network Efforts Under One Roof
By October, Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications-Tactical is expected to absorb network portfolios from its sister PEO for enterprise services.
LAUREN C. WILLIAMS | MARCH 16, 2023

The Army’s shop in charge of battlefield communications will soon handle all of the service’s network development and purchasing, according to a defense official.

The service’s acquisitions chief decided that “all network communications needs to be under one PEO. and so it is going to be under this PEO,” Maj. Gen. Anthony Potts, the chief of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications-Tactical, said Wednesday during a keynote at the 2023 Satellite conference in Washington, D.C. “Everything that resides in the [Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems] that is network will come to us—and yes, we will have to change our name.”

A new name hasn’t been chosen yet, but the plan is to absorb all of PEO EIS’ network-related programs by Oct. 1, including the integrated enterprise network program, global enterprise network modernization programs in the U.S. and abroad, base emergency communications system, and wideband enterprise satellite systems.

https://www.defenseone.com/defense-systems/2023/03/army-putting-all-its-network-efforts-under-one-roof/384119/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson