Author Topic: Bureaucrats Are Killing Agriculture In The Name Of Global Warming  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bureaucrats Are Killing Agriculture In The Name Of Global Warming

By Vijay Jayaraj

Countries around the world are imposing on agriculture outlandish taxes and restrictions on emissions of greenhouse gases.  Farmers are being forced to return to primitive forms of agriculture and even to reduce the numbers of their livestock.

These policies have been met with growing opposition over their negative effects on the productivity and income of farmers, the cost of raw materials and long-term viability of agricultural enterprises.

Justified in the name of climate action, such policies will not only destroy the livelihoods of the farmers but also disrupt food security across the world. Among the harshest policies are those of New Zealand, the Netherlands and Canada.

Canadian farmers are concerned that the federal government’s plan to reduce emissions from the agriculture sector will limit their ability to use fertilizers derived from fossil fuels. Such products have been used for decades with astonishing success in boosting crop yields and farm income.

https://co2coalition.org/2023/03/09/bureaucrats-are-killing-agriculture-in-the-name-of-global-warming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson