Author Topic: Are whales the latest casualties of the climate change industry?  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are whales the latest casualties of the climate change industry?
By Peter Murphy |March 18th, 2023|15 Comments

“Trekkies” should recall this pithy exchange about endangered humpback whales from the 1986 feature film, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, between Leonard Nimoy’s famous character and actor Catherine Hicks, who played “Dr. Taylor,” the cetologist.

“Mr. Spock” stated, To hunt a species to extinction is not logical; to which “Dr. Taylor” responded, Who ever said the human race was logical?

As the film’s story goes, humpback whales became extinct in the 21st century. The intrepid crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise (actually, they continued from Star Trek III in a commandeered Klingon starship), led by William Shatner’s “Captain James Kirk,” had to time travel from the 23rd century to the mid-1980s. The mission was to retrieve humpbacks to repopulate the species to save planet Earth from a powerful alien probe three centuries hence.

Instead of whale hunters, “renewable” energy is threatening a genuine, not fictional, diminution of humpbacks in the 21st century. Growing evidence suggests sonar waves from wind turbines planted in the ocean off the Atlantic coast are debilitating whales, dolphins and other marine life, leading to their premature demise.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/18/are-whales-the-latest-casualties-of-the-climate-change-industry/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson