Author Topic: President Trump announces first ‘MAGA’ rally of 2024 presidential campaign  (Read 2970 times)

Offline LMAO

I miss the days when we used to think that Character mattered.  I mean that is what we all said in the 90s.

Joking aside, this is true. We raked Clinton over the coals for behavior that many of the MAGA excuse Trump for. I am safe in assuming that the same people giving Trump a pass were also in line criticizing Clinton's behavior.

But MAGAs believe  everyday rules,  and  norms don't apply to them. They are on a mission to "save the country" and they should be able to do as they please to achieve that goal. I had one poster claim that character is a 1955 mindset to expect from a president because the country is collapsing, and they need to save it.  Hillary Clinton probably had the same mindset. Yes, she's crooked and unethical. But she desires to good, as defined by her, therefore, the rules shouldn't apply
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 09:54:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Joking aside, this is true. We raked Clinton over the coals for behavior that many of the MAGA excuse Trump for. I am safe in assuming that the same people giving Trump a pass were also in line criticizing Clinton's behavior.

But MAGAs believe  everyday rules,  and  norms don't apply to them. They are on a mission to "save the country" and they should be able to do as they please to achieve that goal. I had one poster claim that character is a 1955 mindset to expect from a president because the country is collapsing, and they need to save it.  Hillary Clinton probably had the same mindset. Yes, she's crooked and unethical. But she desires to good, as defined by her, therefore, the rules shouldn't apply

There certainly is some of that, but I think some of them would say that it isn't that character doesn't matter - it's just that it is outweighed by the magnitude of the issues.

Obviously, when it comes to those who won't acknowledge/admit it when Trump does something like that, those definitely fall into that first category of character/personality not mattering.

I personally fall into the second category in 2016 and 2020.  But this time around, I think the character issues - and the tangible problems they cause -- are worse, and the policies aren't as strong.   So I'm not voting for him period in 2024.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 10:28:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

There certainly is some of that, but I think some of them would say that it isn't that character doesn't matter - it's just that it is outweighed by the magnitude of the issues.

Obviously, when it comes to those who won't acknowledge/admit it when Trump does something like that, those definitely fall into that first category of character/personality not mattering.

I personally fall into the second category in 2016 and 2020.  But this time around, I think the character issues - and the tangible problems they cause -- are worse, and the policies aren't as strong.   So I'm not voting for him period in 2024.

You saw this from Democrats, and specifically, feminists, during Clinton's tenure. Since Bill Clinton supported abortion rights, the feminists ignored or excused his behavior towards women

Maga's are of the similar mindset that because unemployment amongst women was low during Trump's tenure, then that overrides his comments about physical appearances of women, "bleeding from where ever," and using his star power to grab them by the genitals

I voted for him in 2020, not 2016, but will also not be voting for him in 2024. We can't afford another Trump/Biden/Trump era
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 10:41:00 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You saw this from Democrats, and specifically, feminists, during Clinton's tenure. Since Bill Clinton supported abortion rights, the feminists ignored or excused his behavior towards women

Maga's are of the similar mindset that because unemployment amongst women was low during Trump's tenure, then that overrides his comments about physical appearances of women, "bleeding from where ever," and using his star power to grab them by the genitals

I voted for him in 2020, not 2016, but will also not be voting for him in 2024. We can't afford another Trump/Biden/Trump era

I think another Trump term would accomplish very little other than destroying the GOP.  I also think a lot of Trump voters would see that as a positive.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:36:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

I think another Trump term would accomplish very little other than destroying the GOP.  I also think a lot of Trump voters would see that as a positive.

MAGA’s are more interested in keeping DeSantis from getting the 2024 nomination than winning the general election

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

THEY will certainly sit out 24 if Trump is not running, 10~15%. 
   The same thing they've been accusing us of all these years. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

MAGA’s are more interested in keeping DeSantis from getting the 2024 nomination than winning the general election

Yes, they are taking their cue from the unhinged orange man.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

It's sad that part of me hopes he gets indicted, so maybe he'll fade into oblivion.  BUT, this will likely just make him and his base more energized.

Offline kevindavis007

I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 but not in 2024.  I'm voting myself for President.  I like some of the issues he did, but he needs to move on and let younger people run for President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The All Hat, No Cattle rally.  Yee Hah

@Wingnut

Which is better than a "No hat in the hot sun,no cattle" RINO Rally.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

It's sad that part of me hopes he gets indicted, so maybe he'll fade into oblivion.  BUT, this will likely just make him and his base more energized.

An indictment won't cause him to fade into oblivion; an indictment will simply supercharge his messiah complex and all but guarantee that he does his utmost to tear down the GOP and anyone with the temerity to commit blasphemy and not bow down before him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly.   And after alienating every voter who isn't a die hard Trumper, they'll claim they were cheated when they come up short in votes.

@Maj. Bill Martin

HorseHillary!

The Anti-Trumper definition of a "die hard Trumper" is "ANYONE who doesn't vote for the PC candidate."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

They are on a mission to "save the country"

@LMAO

I just love the way you belittle "save the country" while demanding we all vote for some candidate that would get fewer votes than Trump because you think his presidency would provide you with more money.

Not to worry,though. Under the Dim budgets,even the homeless will soon be millionaires!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

How many women has Trump "grabbed by the genitals",and how did those women earn their livings?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:27:38 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

While it is true that most people don't like a backstabbing little bitch, I personally don't care if DeSantis lives or dies because he has proven himself to be untrustworthy.

Offline Idiot

@LMAO

While it is true that most people don't like a backstabbing little bitch, I personally don't care if DeSantis lives or dies because he has proven himself to be untrustworthy.
You are such a kind soul... *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   THEY will certainly sit out 24 if Trump is not running, 10~15%. 
   The same thing they've been accusing us of all these years.

@corbe

I will,and don't mind admitting it. Oh,I will vote for local and state candidates,but I will NOT vote for DeSantis if he continues to stab Trump in the back so he can get the nomination.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Yeah,MUCH wiser to vote for a backstabbing little bitch that will say and do anything he has to say or do to be the alleged Republican nomination,right?

Online libertybele

@LMAO

Wow. You are way off base here @sneakypete   Exactly how did DeSantis stab the rude orange man in the back?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

And you’re entitled to vote for whoever you want for whatever reason

I will vote for the candidate that’s closest to conservative credentials

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

@LMAO

:mauslaff:

No, the only reason you don't like DeSantis is because you've been told not to like him by Trump, who is scared to death of the fact that DeSantis is actually able to get things done, whereas Trump is not.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Yeah,MUCH wiser to vote for a backstabbing little bitch that will say and do anything he has to say or do to be the alleged Republican nomination,right?

???? DeSantis' record speaks for itself and he has done very well for FL and Floridians, which is his job! He ignores DC and goes about what he feels is right.  He's a conservative.  He's popular.  Yes, I know you see that as a threat to the rude orange man.

Offline Kamaji

???? DeSantis' record speaks for itself and he has done very well for FL and Floridians, which is his job! He ignores DC and goes about what he feels is right.  He's a conservative.  He's popular.  Yes, I know you see that as a threat to the rude orange man.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wow. You are way off base here @sneakypete   Exactly how did DeSantis stab the rude orange man in the back?

@libertybele

Seriously?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

:mauslaff:

No, the only reason you don't like DeSantis is because you've been told not to like him by Trump, who is scared to death of the fact that DeSantis is actually able to get things done, whereas Trump is not.

@Kamaji

You have crawled right up his butt to live,haven't you?

What are you going to do if,for some reason,he doesn't run?