Author Topic: Famed Texas Tech Basketball Coach Suspended for 'Racial Insensitivity' after Quoting Bible Passage  (Read 445 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Famed Texas Tech Basketball Coach Suspended for 'Racial Insensitivity' after Quoting Bible Passage

Texas Tech has suspended men’s basketball coach Mark Adams for what the school is calling an “inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment.”

According to the school, Adams was encouraging a player to be more receptive to coaching and “referenced Bible verses about workers, teachers, parents, and slaves serving their masters.” Adams apologized to the team after he found out the player was upset about the use of the Bible verse, a source told ESPN.

Athletic director Kirby Hocutt was made aware of the incident. He issued Adams a written reprimand but then made the decision to suspend the coach to conduct a “more thorough inquiry of Adams’ interactions with his players and staff.”

Adams spoke with Jeff Goodman of Stadium and related that he believes his comments were not racist. Adams claims he was quoting a Bible verse when he told one of his players that there is “always a master and a servant.”

https://rairfoundation.com/famed-texas-tech-basketball-coach-suspended-for-racial-insensitivity-after-quoting-bible-passage/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline mountaineer

"Slave" is on the list of verboten words, no matter the context. If you say "slave," you're a Nazi. Them's the rules.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If it's happening in Texas, it could be too late...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If it's happening in Texas, it could be too late...

TT has a history of F'n Coaches like tided up goats based on bullshit claims from students parents.  IE Craig James.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Give him a few headslaps for general order dumbassery and move on.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Give him a few headslaps for general order dumbassery and move on.

It probably wasn't the best audience to use terms like master and slave but I doubt any player is really as traumatized as they claim.

We are rewarding victimhood and so everyone is in the running for "most oppressed."
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Master/Slave is common vernacular in PLC/DCS world.  One of the two has to be in charge.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

It probably wasn't the best audience to use terms like master and slave but I doubt any player is really as traumatized as they claim.

We are rewarding victimhood and so everyone is in the running for "most oppressed."

Yup.