Author Topic: Twitter's Elon Musk predicts Trump will win re-election in 'landslide victory' if arrested  (Read 4856 times)

Offline LMAO

It's early and anything can happen but I'm Kurt not feeling a 2024 win for the Republican no matter who it is.

Which is why, IMO, if the GOP has any up and coming young stars, they need to sit out trying to get the 2024 nomination and let Trump just go on to lose the general election and try for 2028 or risk Trump's scorched Earth bomb throwing conspiracy filled primary campaign and ruin any future chances

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

DeSantis needs to refrain from commenting on the legal proceedings.  He already made the mistake of trashing the FBI after Trump ignored a subpoena for classified documents.  Donald thanked Ron by calling him every name in the book, lying about his record, and most likely directing his Super PAC to file a frivolous ethics complaint.

Offline roamer_1

You can see it anyway you want...just as I clearly see that you're shading everything he's accomplished to the negative so it doesn't contradict your position against the man.

Well that's not right -- Which throws more shade? Twenty-friggin-TRILLION dollars in spending, or cutting the taxes that are supposed to pay for that spending?

There flat AIN'T no excuse.

And there ain't no tally for judges (en toto) for another half decade or more. I have pointed to Gorsuch with surprise and satisfaction, but that cannot be said of all of em, or even any of them yet.

My position on this is not shading anything. It's just true.

But that's not the real point of my post...the point is that Dems using the legal system to disqualify and pursue political opposition, meaning Republicans, must be opposed in every conceivable legal way. If Desantis is to lead the party, he better F'ing understand that and start goddammm fighting NOW. I want the man to be President, but he'd better fight this extradition tooth and nail or he's dead to me as a candidate. I'm just one vote, but don't think for a minute there's not a crap ton of 2-time Trump voters who feel the same way. If Desantis wants those voters...and frankly he cannot win without them...now is the time he has to do the right thing and wield his gubernatorial power.

And yes, a Governor can refuse to sign off on an intrastate extradition request. We'll know in the next few days if he is a fighter who will stand up to this garbage...or just another phony politician with no real moral courage.

Why would he oppose it if Tumpy has already got a deal on the table to surrender?
Why in hell would you think he should dirty his hands? Especially for a guy who is out there talking smack about him every day?

It might be extraordinary for him to step in... but certainly not required,

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For that matter, how are we so sure anything at all is going to happen on Tuesday?  We only heard about it from "a leak."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

Why would he oppose it if Tumpy has already got a deal on the table to surrender? Because its the ethical and necessary thing to do if we're to stop this desecration of the rule of law.
Why in hell would you think he should dirty his hands? Especially for a guy who is out there talking smack about him every day?Because doing what's ethical is not based on liking someone, nor is it based on the whether or not the actions of the other person have hurt your feelings. Doing the right thing is a moral imperative and action is dictated by the injustice that is occurring...Desantis has the ability to fight an abuse of our legal system, and thus an obligation to do so.

Ethics aside, stepping in is a strategic imperative. If he wants to win in 2024, it IS required. From a strategic view, he cannot win without gaining substantial support from Trump supporters. Right now, he has a chance to do so...but this moment will pass quickly. If he does nothing NOW...he will never have another opportunity to regain that support. I'm not speaking hypothetically, though perhaps anecdotally, when I say Desantis cannot afford to do nothing in this situation. If that's his tactic, he loses 15-20% of GOP voters...including me. As a bonus, standing up can help him with Independents as well...who mostly understand what a witch hunt looks like.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 11:37:03 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

DeSantis needs to refrain from commenting on the legal proceedings.  He already made the mistake of trashing the FBI after Trump ignored a subpoena for classified documents.  Donald thanked Ron by calling him every name in the book, lying about his record, and most likely directing his Super PAC to file a frivolous ethics complaint.

You're an idiot if you think he  was wrong to trash the FBI...an agency that is completely compromised. I don't care if you dislike Trump...go for it...but be smarter.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

DeSantis should expedite him to NY.  Trump's past or present BS is not his problem. 
    He paid into that society for decades, political and otherwise. 
    'Throw him back to the fishes' as somewhat of a @Gefn analogy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
    DeSantis should expedite him to NY.  Trump's past or present BS is not his problem. 
    He paid into that society for decades, political and otherwise. 
    'Throw him back to the fishes' as somewhat of a @Gefn analogy.

I think Trump will waive extradition himself, he seems to really want it.  I can see his point.

Then he'll complain that DeSantis didn't want to fight it because he's a Soros man.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think Trump will waive extradition himself, he seems to really want it.  I can see his point.

Then he'll complain that DeSantis didn't want to fight it because he's a Soros man.

DeSanctus is busy talking and tweeting about how wonderful he was after hurricane Ian. He's got his marching orders.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy

I held a press conference following my South Carolina speech. I called on GOP donor class favorites @RonDeSantisFL and @NikkiHaley to join me by 9 AM tomorrow in calling on the Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to abandon the political persecution through prosecution of the 45th president.

Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1637233081806364675

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

Granted, most of the major NYC and DC lawfirms have their noses and collection boxes firmly up Dim asses, but there HAS to be a few that meet the Archie Bunker standards of "Seven Savage Jews" who will take him up  on it for the free publicity and all the cases it would bring them. Even if he didn't pay them,there would be no way it would hurt them financally,due  to the publicity and all the new cases it would bring in.

Most lawyers believe it would cause them to lose far more business than it might gain.  One firm I know quite well refused to do any 2020 election work because they not only had clients threatening to pull their business, but lawyers threatening to leave as well.

If any firm is interested AND worried about him paying them,what is preventing them from forcing Trump and his lawyers to sign a legal document stating that he is required to pay each months  billing fees in full or they are free to drop him as a client?

Monthly billing is normal, but you still need a court's permission to drop a client.  What generally happens is partual payment, them disputing the rest as overcharges/improper so it isn't as clear cut as "they aren't paying anything.  Slow pay, partial pay, negotiating after the fact discounts, etc. etc..  Huge PITA with which most high-end firms just don't want to deal.

Granted,NO amount of money or publicity  is going to get the really rabid Dim lawfirms to represent him,but there HAS to be some serious "legal players" out there who would jump at the chance for fame and fortune.

He'll get some, but his choices likely will be a lot more limited than he'd like.  He'll probably end up with a pretty good boutique white collar crime outfit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 02:12:51 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Republican presidential nominee in 2024 WILL be Mr. Trump.

Will he win the election in a landslide?
No.
It will be close, if he's able to win at all.
It doesn't matter HOW MANY Republican voters vote for him.

As to why this is destined to happen -- well, I've explained it more than once in the forum, and usually nobody replies. Here's a recent example:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,492624.msg2797028.html#msg2797028

Mr. Trump will do MUCH better in the general election than any other Pubbie candidate (including Ron DeSantis). But he still has a hard, HARD struggle to win in 2024. See my referenced post above.

If I'm wrong, please explain to me how so...

@Fishrrman

It's hard to beat a multi-generational union of Dims and RINO's when they join together to make sure it remains "business as usual" for them and their top supporters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
sneakypete.....you've nailed it. Yours is the correct answer.

Every Leftist in this country should be thinking:  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Yamamoto

If they arrest our former President and current leading 2024 candidate for that office....we must all stand together and resist this travesty in every legal way possible. Anything less is condoning the destruction of the rule of law in America.  That is not hyperbole.

This is not about any single candidate, its about an action that will rent the core fibers of our nation. This cannot stand...and anyone on the Right who tolerates it doesn't deserve to be a citizen of this country.

Desantis must come out and condemn what's happening, and legally use his office as Governor to block an unjust extradition on a trumped up political hack-charge. Now is his moment...he can rise above Trump's own petty interactions with him...and become a hero to both his own supporters and Trump voters. Or he can do nothing and ensure he'll never get a single vote from the Trump base.

@Mesaclone

Yup,and if he does that,he will have an ABSOLUTE lock on the VP spot under Trump,as well as an almost certain 2 term seat in the Oval Office.

Which would make ME very happy.

I'm a Desantis voter as of this minute. If he doesn't fight this extradition and condemn this action...I will revert to being a committed Trump voter. And I'm not alone in that. This is bigger than both men...this is about saving the Republic. Some may say its already lost but we should all be damned if we just accept that and let this go down without a fight!

@Mesaclone

I will NEVER understand why supposedly  adult and educated conservative voters can't seem to understand this.

This is NOT about Trump. It is about the survival of America. Trump just happens to be the best option available to stand up against the Dims and start the long,slow process of restoring America's greatness.

Yet there are STILL a pack of fools that hate him because he is rich and rude. WTF else do these fools think would be capable of defeating  the Dims if not someone with nothing to lose?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Talking smack has never mattered a row of pins up in here @sneakypete
And never will. What matters is action, not drama.
If he can talk the talk, fine - But he'd better walk the line.
That's what gets my vote.

Not Tumpy.

I have never understood the whole 'He Fights' thing.
He don't. At ALL.

Yeah,that shows you have given the whole thing careful consideration,and the fact that he is both  rich  and famous has never entered your mind.

He's got a battleship mouth alright, but a rowboat ass.
That's how I see it.

In addition to being orange,he is also rich and rude,too!

Desantis OTOH, he don't say much, but he carries a big damn stick.
And he knows how to use it.

He is also not rude,orange,or rich. Well,he IS rich by the standards of most of us,but not "Billionaire Rich".

I will vote for that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Jury for me is still out on DeSantis.  Keep in mind he has a super majority which has helped him immensely. He's made tremendous headway without much pushback from the leftists/DEMS -- that concerns me a bit.

@libertybele

I will tell you what everyone can trust without question. IF DeSantis gets the presidential nomination,the DNC is going to be all OVER his ass,and he just doesn't have the stones to fight back BECAUSE he is a professional politician.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Which is why, IMO, if the GOP has any up and coming young stars, they need to sit out trying to get the 2024 nomination and let Trump just go on to lose the general election and try for 2028 or risk Trump's scorched Earth bomb throwing conspiracy filled primary campaign and ruin any future chances

@LMAO

You are right,of course. What we need is a gentleman in the WH,not a rude orange Billionaire!

Someone that understands the way to get along is to go along.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You are right,of course. What we need is a gentleman in the WH,not a rude orange Billionaire!

Someone that understands the way to get along is to go along.

Usually I don't respond to you when you start that shit, but can you name any instances while POTUS that he got a major legislative victory were he even forced the likes of Pelosi or Schumer to sign on to?

You keep telling us what a fighter he is while mocking conservative posters. Here's your chance to give examples beyond Twitter Wars with insignificant celebrities

Something comparable to the class of 1994 Republicans forcing  then POTUS Clinton into going along with welfare reform and a more balanced budget despite his liberal instincts. Things the rest of us call Conservatism. Your boy rang up the debt to even further unsustainable levels while going along with funding Planned Parenthood

I have nothing personal against Trump nor his supporters. He did some things that I strongly agree with. But the big issue is spending and it's effect on the economy and inflation and he failed and is still failing

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 03:06:54 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

You're an idiot if you think he  was wrong to trash the FBI...an agency that is completely compromised. I don't care if you dislike Trump...go for it...but be smarter.

You’re the one who wants to suck the whole party into Trump’s vortex.  The Florida governor has no reason to comment on Trump’s horseface problem in New York.  I mean, good lord, he’d have to be the nicest man alive.  Donald has insulted him nonstop. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:47:22 am by cato potatoe »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Usually I don't respond to you when you start that shit, but can you name any instances while POTUS that he got a major legislative victory were he even forced the likes of Pelosi or Schumer to sign on to?

You keep telling us what a fighter he is while mocking conservative posters. Here's your chance to give examples beyond Twitter Wars with insignificant celebrities

Something comparable to the class of 1994 Republicans forcing  then POTUS Clinton into going along with welfare reform and a more balanced budget despite his liberal instincts. Things the rest of us call Conservatism. Your boy rang up the debt to even further unsustainable levels while going along with funding Planned Parenthood

I have nothing personal against Trump nor his supporters. He did some things that I strongly agree with. But the big issue is spending and it's effect on the economy and inflation and he failed and is still failing

@LMAO

WOW! You only had to go back 18 years to find something the alleged Republican Party accomplished that was positive!

And none of them were even rude!

Or orange!

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

WOW! You only had to go back 18 years to find something the alleged Republican Party accomplished that was positive!

And none of them were even rude!

Or orange!

So you got nothing. Just as I suspected *****rollingeyes*****

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 03:36:36 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So you got nothing. Just as I suspected *****rollingeyes*****

@LMAO

No,bubba,it is you that have nothing,other than the same old "Bend over and do me again!" RINO's that are nothing more than Dim Lights.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

No,bubba,it is you that have nothing,other than the same old "Bend over and do me again!" RINO's that are nothing more than Dim Lights.

Still got nothing. Not that I was really expecting a rational response but thought I might get lucky

So perhaps going forward you should quit telling other posters they are weak and willing to bend over because they want a conservative candidate who might truly fight the Democrats and the out of control federal agencies   vs just throwing silly names  at his opponents for your entertainment
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 04:11:59 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Still got nothing. Not that I was really expecting a rational response but thought I might get lucky

So perhaps going forward you should quit telling other posters they are weak and willing to bend over because they want a conservative candidate who might truly fight the Democrats and the out of control federal agencies   vs just throwing silly names  at his opponents for your entertainment

@LMAO

You wouldn't recognize a conservative candidate if one bit you on the ass.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah,that shows you have given the whole thing careful consideration,and the fact that he is both  rich  and famous has never entered your mind.

In addition to being orange,he is also rich and rude,too!

He is also not rude,orange,or rich. Well,he IS rich by the standards of most of us,but not "Billionaire Rich".

*YAWN*
I dunno why I bother.

Offline roamer_1

Why would he oppose it if Tumpy has already got a deal on the table to surrender? Because its the ethical and necessary thing to do if we're to stop this desecration of the rule of law.
Why in hell would you think he should dirty his hands? Especially for a guy who is out there talking smack about him every day?Because doing what's ethical is not based on liking someone, nor is it based on the whether or not the actions of the other person have hurt your feelings. Doing the right thing is a moral imperative and action is dictated by the injustice that is occurring...Desantis has the ability to fight an abuse of our legal system, and thus an obligation to do so.

Ethics aside, stepping in is a strategic imperative. If he wants to win in 2024, it IS required. From a strategic view, he cannot win without gaining substantial support from Trump supporters. Right now, he has a chance to do so...but this moment will pass quickly. If he does nothing NOW...he will never have another opportunity to regain that support. I'm not speaking hypothetically, though perhaps anecdotally, when I say Desantis cannot afford to do nothing in this situation. If that's his tactic, he loses 15-20% of GOP voters...including me. As a bonus, standing up can help him with Independents as well...who mostly understand what a witch hunt looks like.

Good Lord, @Mesaclone
Tumpy has already cut a deal to surrender - Maybe even in NYC which is not even an extradition matter - And here you are throwin amperage at DeSantis for what very conceivably is not even in his jurisdiction. and for sure ain't his business if the lawyers already have an agreed deal on the table.

WTF?
You are usually thinking way better than this.