Author Topic: Twitter's Elon Musk predicts Trump will win re-election in 'landslide victory' if arrested  (Read 4906 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Twitter's Elon Musk predicts Trump will win re-election in 'landslide victory' if arrested
Adam Shaw
4–5 minutes

Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Saturday predicted that former President Donald Trump will be re-elected in a "landslide" if he is indicted – or possibly arrested potentially "handcuffed" -- next week.

"If this happens, Trump will be re-elected in a landslide victory," Musk tweeted.

Musk was reacting to a Fox News segment which detailed how the Manhattan District Attorney's office has asked for a meeting with law enforcement ahead of a possible Trump indictment of next week.

According to a court source, the meeting was requested Thursday and hasn't been set. The meeting is to "discuss logistics for some time next week, which would mean that they are anticipating an indictment next week," the source familiar with the planning said. Secret Service is expected to take the lead on what they will allow and won’t allow — for instance, the decision whether to handcuff Trump t.

TRUMP SAYS ‘ILLEGAL LEAKS’ INDICATE HE'LL BE ARRESTED TUESDAY

The potential indictment stems from the lengthy investigation surrounding Trump's alleged payment of "hush money" to actress Stormy Daniels. Towards the end of the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump's then-lawyer Michael Cohen sent $130,000 to Daniels to prevent her from disclosing a 2006 affair with Trump. Trump reimbursed Cohen through installments. The office, led by DA Alvin Bragg, has been investigating the hush money scandal — which took place in 2016 — for the past five years.

On Saturday morning, Trump posted about the possible indictment on Truth Social, indicating that he will be "ARRESTED ON TUESDAY."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/twitters-elon-musk-predicts-trump-will-win-re-election-landslide-victory-if-arrested
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Does Character matter now ?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online LMAO

He’ll win the nomination

Not the general election. Musk is confusing the two.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

Not  if you promise to throw money around to your voters…
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

He’ll win the nomination

I'm not so sure; people are fed up with the continuous witch hunt, fake news, bogus accusations and above all; an election was stolen.

Whether you are a Trump supporter or not, right is right and wrong is wrong and IMO I think you may see voters come together to ensure that Brandon and the leftists are finished.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

I'm not so sure; people are fed up with the continuous witch hunt, fake news, bogus accusations and above all; an election was stolen.

Whether you are a Trump supporter or not, right is right and wrong is wrong and IMO I think you may see voters come together to ensure that Brandon and the leftists are finished.

What you said is applicable during the primary. Not the general election. I don’t doubt that an indictment is going to further motivated his base

I believe some of these charges might be unfair. But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna vote for him
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:29:43 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

There is likely some political bias at work, but history has shown it best not to be sucked into defending him until all of the details emerge.  Everyone declared the Mar-a-Lago raid a gestapo operation, and it turns out he ignored a subpoena for the documents.  Trump is known to have sketchy attorneys ... ones who are willing to engage after he stiffed the others.  We don't know whether their advice is prudent or just whatever he wants to hear in the moment.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:20:49 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline libertybele

What you said is applicable during the primary. Not the general election. I don’t doubt that an indictment is going to further motivated his base

I believe some of these charges might be unfair. But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna vote for him

So...a vote for Brandon, or abstain?  Heck of a choice.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

If Trump could have just toned it down a bit, his ENTIRE former base would have supported him.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There is likely some political bias at work, but history has shown it best not to be sucked into defending him until all of the details emerge.  Everyone declared the Mar-a-Lago raid a gestapo operation, and it turns out he ignored a subpoena for the documents.  Trump is known to have sketchy attorneys ... ones who are willing to engage after he stiffed the others.  We don't know whether their advice is prudent or just whatever he wants to hear in the moment.

I know for a fact that some major national, highly reputable law firms turned him down as a client.  One of my buddies who participated in the executive partnership meeting at which his firm made that decision said there was a significant political component to the decision, but that  the clincher argument was his reputation for stiffing his attorneys.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:43:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It hasn't in a long time.  Every Politician I've known (and I've known a lot) eventually lies to their supporters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know about a landslide,but there is no way in HELL that getting indicted and arrested would hurt his chances of getting elected President.

Like you,I think it would help him. Suddenly,he would no longer look like the beneficiary of inheirited wealth and fame. Lots of people who are envious of him now and don't like him because he was born into money are likely to suddenly see him as someone who understands what they are going or have gone through,and decided to vote for him.

An indictment at this point can do nothing  but  help his campaign.

After all,it ain't like he can't afford to hire bloodthirsty lawyers to defend him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Is there ANYBODY left out there with 2 IQ points to rub together that doesn't think Biden and the Dims stole that election?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If Trump could have just toned it down a bit, his ENTIRE former base would have supported him.

@mrpotatohead

If the alleged adults who would be voting would recognize that what America NEEDS is a "verbal bomb thrower" that will name names and shake up the system,we might have a chance to still living in a free America 10 years from now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know for a fact that some major national, highly reputable law firms turned him down as a client.  One of my buddies who participated in the executive partnership meeting at which his firm made that decision said there was a significant political component to the decision, but that  the clincher argument was his reputation for stiffing his attorneys.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Granted,most of the major NYC and DC lawfirms have their noses and collection boxes firmly up Dim asses,but there HAS to be a few that meet the Archie Bunker standards of "Seven Savage Jews" who will take him up  on it for the free publicity and all the cases it would bring them. Even if he didn't pay them,there would be no way it would hurt them financally,due  to the publicity and all the new cases it would bring in.

If any firm is interested AND worried about him paying them,what is preventing them from forcing Trump and his lawyers to sign a legal document stating that he is required to pay each months  billing fees in full or they are free to drop him as a client?

Granted,NO amount of money or publicity  is going to get the really rabid Dim lawfirms to represent him,but there HAS to be some serious "legal players" out there who would jump at the chance for fame and fortune.

Offline NavyCanDo

He’ll win the nomination

What an arrest does is lock in the 35%-40% of the GOP voters, the MAGA loyalyst who will write in his name if not on the ticket.   It's early and anything can happen but I'm Kurt not feeling a 2024 win for the Republican no matter who it is.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Republican presidential nominee in 2024 WILL be Mr. Trump.

Will he win the election in a landslide?
No.
It will be close, if he's able to win at all.
It doesn't matter HOW MANY Republican voters vote for him.

As to why this is destined to happen -- well, I've explained it more than once in the forum, and usually nobody replies. Here's a recent example:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,492624.msg2797028.html#msg2797028

Mr. Trump will do MUCH better in the general election than any other Pubbie candidate (including Ron DeSantis). But he still has a hard, HARD struggle to win in 2024. See my referenced post above.

If I'm wrong, please explain to me how so...

Offline Mesaclone

I don't know about a landslide,but there is no way in HELL that getting indicted and arrested would hurt his chances of getting elected President.

Like you,I think it would help him. Suddenly,he would no longer look like the beneficiary of inheirited wealth and fame. Lots of people who are envious of him now and don't like him because he was born into money are likely to suddenly see him as someone who understands what they are going or have gone through,and decided to vote for him.

An indictment at this point can do nothing  but  help his campaign.

After all,it ain't like he can't afford to hire bloodthirsty lawyers to defend him.

sneakypete.....you've nailed it. Yours is the correct answer.

Every Leftist in this country should be thinking:  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Yamamoto

If they arrest our former President and current leading 2024 candidate for that office....we must all stand together and resist this travesty in every legal way possible. Anything less is condoning the destruction of the rule of law in America.  That is not hyperbole.

This is not about any single candidate, its about an action that will rent the core fibers of our nation. This cannot stand...and anyone on the Right who tolerates it doesn't deserve to be a citizen of this country.

Desantis must come out and condemn what's happening, and legally use his office as Governor to block an unjust extradition on a trumped up political hack-charge. Now is his moment...he can rise above Trump's own petty interactions with him...and become a hero to both his own supporters and Trump voters. Or he can do nothing and ensure he'll never get a single vote from the Trump base.

I'm a Desantis voter as of this minute. If he doesn't fight this extradition and condemn this action...I will revert to being a committed Trump voter. And I'm not alone in that. This is bigger than both men...this is about saving the Republic. Some may say its already lost but we should all be damned if we just accept that and let this go down without a fight!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online roamer_1

@mrpotatohead

If the alleged adults who would be voting would recognize that what America NEEDS is a "verbal bomb thrower" that will name names and shake up the system,we might have a chance to still living in a free America 10 years from now.

Talking smack has never mattered a row of pins up in here @sneakypete
And never will. What matters is action, not drama.
If he can talk the talk, fine - But he'd better walk the line.
That's what gets my vote.

Not Tumpy.
I have never understood the whole 'He Fights' thing.
He don't. At ALL.

He's got a battleship mouth alright, but a rowboat ass.
That's how I see it.

Desantis OTOH, he don't say much, but he carries a big damn stick.
And he knows how to use it.

I will vote for that.

Offline libertybele

Not Tumpy.
He don't. At ALL.

That's how I see it.

I will vote for that.

Jury for me is still out on DeSantis.  Keep in mind he has a super majority which has helped him immensely. He's made tremendous headway without much pushback from the leftists/DEMS -- that concerns me a bit.

Online roamer_1

Jury for me is still out on DeSantis.  Keep in mind he has a super majority which has helped him immensely. He's made tremendous headway without much pushback from the leftists/DEMS -- that concerns me a bit.

I would have NEVER thought to cut the states gratuity away from Disney. That took some serious brass. And he did it to little acclaim. But then it seems he ain't looking to make hay, just get the job done.

That speaks volumes more than any 'News a 6' or campaign speeches.
Maybe that's too redneck for all y'all, but I like the rubber hitting the road. Not speechifying.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:35:34 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Mesaclone

Not Tumpy.
He don't. At ALL.

That's how I see it.

I will vote for that.

Was he in a rowboat when this happened:
https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily-tax-report/trumps-tax-cut-slashed-us-corporate-effective-tax-rate-to-9

Or this: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/trump-installed-historic-number-judges-biden-outpacing-far-rcna48142

And yes...both of those things matter. And yes again...that's just two examples of many. I'm intending to vote Desantis in 2024, but you're damned wrong about Trump...he moved things to the Right to the extent possible. Given a 2nd chance, that will accelerate as he learned some very hard lessons about picking the right...aggressive...appointees to head the Fed departments.

You don't have to disparage one Republican to build up another...Trump moved the country right on policy, and I expect Desantis to continue that.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:37:49 pm by Mesaclone »

Online roamer_1

Was he in a rowboat when this happened:
https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily-tax-report/trumps-tax-cut-slashed-us-corporate-effective-tax-rate-to-9

Pretty predictable. MEH... Especially in the face of nearly doubling government spending.

Or this: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/trump-installed-historic-number-judges-biden-outpacing-far-rcna48142

Judges have historically been a crap-shoot, and this is no different. JUst because they have an 'R' by their name don't mean sh*t. And YES- they are a crap-shoot even yet.

And yes...both of those things matter. And yes again...that's just two examples of many. I'm intending to vote Desantis in 2024, but you're damned wrong about Trump...he moved things to the Right to the extent possible. Given a 2nd chance, that will accelerate as he learned some very hard lessons about picking the right...aggressive...appointees to head the Fed departments.

Not really. He left a much bigger government for the Democrats than when he started.
That is NOT moving right.

You don't have to disparage one Republican to build up another...Trump moved the country right on policy, and I expect Desantis to continue that.

Not in agreement. I think Tumpy is centrist at best. And really, his 'right' is measured in northeast values -- So not even in the ballpark of true.

Sorry  :shrug: That's how I see it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:46:56 pm by roamer_1 »

Online LMAO

If I'm wrong, please explain to me how so...

Trump has a much less chance of getting ind swing voters than Desantis.

I'm not saying DeSantis will or won't. But his chances are better than Trump's

Trump's base, though passionate, is still the minority in this country. And I can guarantee the Democrat base will be out in force if Trump is the nominee.

I suppose one can argue that they believe in Trump enough that they'll vote for him, win or lose in the election and if they lose, they can say they fought the good fight

And flame away, but Jan 6th probably hurt Trump with those same voters. His calling for more protests if indicted isn't going to appeal to anyone outside of his most dedicated of supporters
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:54:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Mesaclone

Pretty predictable. MEH... Especially in the face of nearly doubling government spending.

Judges have historically been a crap-shoot, and this is no different. JUst because they have an 'R' by their name don't mean sh*t. And YES- they are a crap-shoot even yet.

Not really. He left a much bigger government for the Democrats than when he started.
That is NOT moving right.

Not in agreement. I think Tumpy is centrist at best. And really, his 'right' is measured in northeast values -- So not even in the ballpark of true.

Sorry  :shrug: That's how I see it.

You can see it anyway you want...just as I clearly see that you're shading everything he's accomplished to the negative so it doesn't contradict your position against the man. But that's not the real point of my post...the point is that Dems using the legal system to disqualify and pursue political opposition, meaning Republicans, must be opposed in every conceivable legal way. If Desantis is to lead the party, he better F'ing understand that and start goddammm fighting NOW. I want the man to be President, but he'd better fight this extradition tooth and nail or he's dead to me as a candidate. I'm just one vote, but don't think for a minute there's not a crap ton of 2-time Trump voters who feel the same way. If Desantis wants those voters...and frankly he cannot win without them...now is the time he has to do the right thing and wield his gubernatorial power.

And yes, a Governor can refuse to sign off on an intrastate extradition request. We'll know in the next few days if he is a fighter who will stand up to this garbage...or just another phony politician with no real moral courage.